What's new
I inserted the bare wires from the connector to the mini din input and had successful video. So I'm currently modding a 9 pin din connector to wire directly to that harness...I'll report back.

Last edited:
Well...modding a harness for the RGBS and Mini Din proved to be alot more difficult than I anticipated...sooo, for the time being, I just soldered the wires directly to the din pins on the Minigun. Not a very reliable solution, but it'll work for now until I can get a more solid alternative. Thanks for your help everyone!! :)

Well...modding a harness for the RGBS and Mini Din proved to be alot more difficult than I anticipated...sooo, for the time being, I just soldered the wires directly to the din pins on the Minigun. Not a very reliable solution, but it'll work for now until I can get a more solid alternative. Thanks for your help everyone!! :)
Why not just solder wires to wires instead if it's difficult?
It's like crimping two wires together but use solder

I've done this when making cables for my Brook Retro board
Instead of trying to crimp all the wires into the RJ45 connector
I just soldered wires together instead
Put some heat shrink and your good to go :D

Why not just solder wires to wires instead if it's difficult?
It's like crimping two wires together but use solder

I've done this when making cables for my Brook Retro board
Instead of trying to crimp all the wires into the RJ45 connector
I just soldered wires together instead
Put some heat shrink and your good to go :D
Right, but the Mini Din cable I had was only 3 wires...red, green, and blue. otherwise It would been simple. I get what you're saying.

This dumb thing...

Attachments

• 51tar0AM-4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    51tar0AM-4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 29
Ok, now I'm wondering how to integrate the extra 3 buttons? I'm using a Neo to SNES adapter, but still only have the standard 3 button inputs. I would greatly appreciate any guidance! 🙂

Ok, now I'm wondering how to integrate the extra 3 buttons? I'm using a Neo to SNES adapter, but still only have the standard 3 button inputs. I would greatly appreciate any guidance! 🙂
Check the dip switches and/or documentation if there is more to be found:
  • Buttons 12345 on Jamma edge - Buttons 456 via kick harness connector. Buttons 4 & 5 may be toggled from the Jamma edge via a dipswitch.
Available buttons may also depend on the board you are using too…

Which PCB(s) are you using it with?

No, it was an adapter I bought to connect RGB to the converter pcb...little did I know, it wouldn't work cuz there is no sync cable.
They still cheap RGB/s mini-din cables you could use.

There's also the hd retrovision Genesis component cable. I use these and they are pretty fantastic.

Check the dip switches and/or documentation if there is more to be found:
  • Buttons 12345 on Jamma edge - Buttons 456 via kick harness connector. Buttons 4 & 5 may be toggled from the Jamma edge via a dipswitch.
Available buttons may also depend on the board you are using too…
I've tried the dip switches, and they don't seem to do anything...I'm probably missing something, as per the usual. Mainly for MK's, Street Fighter, etc.

MK's, Street Fighter 2, etc.
You will need to get a kick harness that is compatible with mini gun.

You'll run the wires from the kick harness connection on the minigun to the appropriate pins on the arcade PCB. This will enable the extra buttons.

You can probably get away with using DuPont wires instead of a kick harness. Kick harness is better though.

You will need to get a kick harness that is compatible with mini gun.

You'll run the wires from the kick harness connection on the minigun to the appropriate pins on the arcade PCB. This will enable the extra buttons.

You can probably get away with using DuPont wires instead of a kick harness. Kick harness is better though.
Ok, that's what I figured. Just wanted to know if it was something that was maybe integrated. All good. Thank you for the knowledge!

They still cheap RGB/s mini-din cables you could use.

There's also the hd retrovision Genesis component cable. I use these and they are pretty fantastic.
Are you saying I could use the Model 2 HD Retrovision Genesis Cable for the Minigun?

I never knew 🤯
I thought the pins were different
9 pin vs an 8 pin?

I have to try this out when I get home!!!

Back