What's new

Kavas

Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally opened up a namco 246 I purchased last year to test it out and discovered that I might be missing a connector.

On the namco jamma adapter you can see this angled connector. It's 20 pins and I think its part of the FRC5 series. My google fu can't come up with a site that has these for sale or the exact model number I am after.

20230418_205645.jpg

20230418_205706.jpg

You can see on my 246 above where there should be a connector, it is missing?

Any help appreciated in finding this connector so I can test this 246 to see if it even works right. Have a tekken 4 disc and dongle/cd drive I bought to work with it.

do you at least have a JVS I/O to test the system with? You can try that while you find a replacement connector to solder the the board.

do you at least have a JVS I/O to test the system with? You can try that while you find a replacement connector to solder the the board.
Only jvs io I have other than this namco one is the capcom jvs io. Think that will work?

Only jvs io I have other than this namco one is the capcom jvs io. Think that will work?
Yeah, that should work, you’ll need a way to power the system tho, if you don’t have one of those JVS to 2X6 power adapters, you can technically still use the jamma I/O and the little power harness to power the system. Just plug in your JVS cable to the JVS port on the 246

Back