What's new
Beware of the ESD! I recently felt an electrostatic discharge when touching one button of my MiSTer, even when I use a full case with 3D printed buttons (so I didn't touch the board). I think I got the charge from the CRT; from now on I'll discharge myself or use an AntiESD Wrist before touching the MiSTer.

There is a problem with HDMI CEC, check this out:
https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=1943#p1943

i have built and sold a bunch of these misters, theyre great in so many ways & i am so keen for the mistercade to come out.
there are still many to be sold, i have lots of stock of all the useful parts, all tested and 2 different types of 3d printed shells. it feels dauntingly like the 'real thing' playing on a mister, especially if you use a SNAC adapter and a CRT.

the most recent video from the "my life in gaming" guys (
View: https://youtu.be/Nt3WyfMffX0
- ANALOG FRONTIERS - Part 3: Preservation and Replication ) goes into a bit of detail about the mister and how its a 'hardware emulator'. great video if you can spare the time. the video also features our fellow member @SmokeMonster !

I'm really on the fence about the Mister. On one hand I think it's cool as hell and the CPS2 and Neo Geo cores especially pique my interest but on the other hand, personally, I'm not totally sure if it's an investment worth making yet. I'm a very casual player of fighting games overall, I love them but I can't tell you the difference between the CPS2 version of Alpha 2 and the Saturn port, and to be honest arcade ports are basically the sole reason I have a Saturn. Then there's the Neo side of things, which honestly is super appealing to me- that alone is reason enough for me to want one, but then I think to myself... "maybe I should just get a legit neo geo cab?"

Long story short I'm trying to avoid letting it get to me but the more I see of this thing the more my desire starts burning a hole in my wallet.

I'm really on the fence about the Mister. On one hand I think it's cool as hell and the CPS2 and Neo Geo cores especially pique my interest but on the other hand, personally, I'm not totally sure if it's an investment worth making yet. I'm a very casual player of fighting games overall, I love them but I can't tell you the difference between the CPS2 version of Alpha 2 and the Saturn port, and to be honest arcade ports are basically the sole reason I have a Saturn. Then there's the Neo side of things, which honestly is super appealing to me- that alone is reason enough for me to want one, but then I think to myself... "maybe I should just get a legit neo geo cab?"

Long story short I'm trying to avoid letting it get to me but the more I see of this thing the more my desire starts burning a hole in my wallet.
Do both, get a cab and throw a Mister in it.

I don't have a MiSTer setup yet, but pre-ordered the Mistercade anyways, and I'll get it sorted out by the Summer. Until I could stick it in a cab I didn't really care that much, but now I'm interested.

I don't have a MiSTer setup yet, but pre-ordered the Mistercade anyways, and I'll get it sorted out by the Summer. Until I could stick it in a cab I didn't really care that much, but now I'm interested.
Welcome the club, you just need two more things to run the MiSTercade. I highly recommend you grab the 128MB RAM from @misteraddons (tested and high quality) also... the DE10 Nano which is easily bought from Digikey.

Is there a definitive ceiling for this hardware. I mean obviously it cant simulate anything... can it?

Will a cv1000 core be possible?

I think we’ll hit the max at PS1/Saturn if they ever scrub up to fruition even.

Whether CV1000 is doable, that’s up to someone talented to take on the task... and do it well. I wouldn’t be assuming it will be done at all though.

I think we’ll hit the max at PS1/Saturn if they ever scrub up to fruition even.

Whether CV1000 is doable, that’s up to someone talented to take on the task... and do it well. I wouldn’t be assuming it will be done at all though.
Until MiSTerER comes along lol

Mister Addons want 80 USD to ship to Sweden/Europe!? I can't believe that board cost that much to ship. I guess I will go with whatever other solution is out there

Edit: Sorry, I just wanted to share my complaining :D

Mister Addons want 80 USD to ship to Sweden/Europe!? I can't believe that board cost that much to ship. I guess I will go with whatever other solution is out there

Edit: Sorry, I just wanted to share my complaining :D

@invzim got something special cooking in Norway... Stay tuned for updates!

Back