What's new
You have to go into Settings for the update_all Script and enable the arcade cores.

5F2016E1-6868-4110-B913-DDB35A91216F.png
Thank you for reply. I forgot to tell you that My cabinet have rotate CW monitor . I also change my mister.ini to be a 15kHz-TATE-CW one.

When I launch an update_all script it show an error message "If you see this, then you need to modify Mister.ini either disable framebuffer fb_terminal=0. or enable scaler on VGA: vga_scaler=1
at first I try vga_scaler=1 then the monitor can't display properly. so I change vga_scaler back to zero. and set fb_terminal =0 this time the script can start. I notice all text showing in a window not full screen as usual. It's not have any countdown for press an up key to go to setting menu. I try to press up key many time but it does not work.
So I try replace a mister.ini to 15kHz-YOKO one. the display is retate but can launch update_all script as usaul. this time I can get in to the setting menu and it does the job.

Is it a way to get in to the setting menu with a 15kHz-TATE-CW mister.ini?

Attachments

• tempImageUbkzo2.png
    tempImageUbkzo2.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 58
Hmm ... the vga_scaler and fb_terminal settings are the same between 15kHz-YOKO and 15kHz-TATE-CW mister.ini, so I don't know why your updates wouldn't work with TATE while they would would with YOKO.

Anyway, adding the following to the bottom of your TATE mister.ini file should fix the update_all script:
[menu]
vga_scaler=1
fb_terminal=1
video_mode=320,8,32,24,240,4,3,16,6048

Hmm ... the vga_scaler and fb_terminal settings are the same between 15kHz-YOKO and 15kHz-TATE-CW mister.ini, so I don't know why your updates wouldn't work with TATE while they would would with YOKO.

Anyway, adding the following to the bottom of your TATE mister.ini file should fix the update_all script:
[menu]
vga_scaler=1
fb_terminal=1
thank you. By add the above code I can get in to the setting menu. although the menu and text is rotate but it’’s ok as long as it's do the job.

Attachments

• IMG_9326.jpeg
    IMG_9326.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

[menu]
vga_scaler=1
fb_terminal=1
Thanks for this. Any idea why this needs to be done and isn’t the default setting?

The settings force the scaler to be enabled in the Menu so that the console is displayed when running the update_all script. Since the console and arcade cores already run at JAMMA compatible 15 khz, enabling the scalar isn't necessary for games to run.

It looks to me like you display isn't quite latching onto the sync signal properly.

Does this happen with other JAMMA boards as well? If so, check the connection on the underside of Pin 13 on your JAMMA harness for a loose or corroded connection - that wire carries the sync signal. Check that the cabling is connected firmly on the monitor chassis PCB as well.

Also, if the monitor chassis PCB on your cab hasn't had the electrolytic capacitors replaced yet, it's definitely due for it.

JAMMA-Pinout-0005-JAMMA-trackball-pinout.jpg

It looks to me like you display isn't quite latching onto the sync signal properly.

Does this happen with other JAMMA boards as well? If so, check the connection on the underside of Pin 13 on your JAMMA harness for a loose or corroded connection - that wire carries the sync signal. Check that the cabling is connected firmly on the monitor chassis PCB as well.

Also, if the monitor chassis PCB on your cab hasn't had the electrolytic capacitors replaced yet, it's definitely due for it.

JAMMA-Pinout-0005-JAMMA-trackball-pinout.jpg
Thank you very much.

It can be hard to notice it because most circumstances it doesn't do anything, but for example in street fighter 2 if you are playing as vega he will do the backflip evade a lot and in golden axe when moving your character to the left they will sometimes run, which you usually have to initiate a double tap for.
If you use the input test utility core, you can check for "phantom" button activations. Just press each button rapidly, or use stick/button combinations, and you may see buttons light up that you haven't pressed. This is what I've encountered.

Set up my MiSTercade 2-cab 4P setup today. The MiSTercade is in the Astro.
  • Input:
    • Straight USB input. I tried running USB directly from my Vewlix’s Jasen’s IPFBs to the MiSTer, but that yielded weird 3P/4P input behavior (e.g. no joystick input, start buttons acted as core pause) that I couldn’t fix with MiSTer’s input mapping tool.
    • Mistercade 2P Encoder. The Mistercade 2P Encoder worked great: I put it in my Vewlix CP, moved the Brook headers from the IPFB to the 2P Encoder, and ran a USB A-to-C cable between cabs.
  • Video: I just ran HDMI from the MiSTercade to the Vewlix.
  • Audio: I was hoping to get audio via HDMI, but it’s not coming through. A quick Google search reveals a variety of possible causes (need a different HDMI cable, monitor might expect a certain signal to enable HDMI audio, monitor might need a constant audio signal…). It’d be simpler to run a long analog cable.

PXL_20230626_202559062.MP_Original.jpeg

https://www.veed.io/view/59681ffd-fcab-454f-bedb-a7044f8f8a43?sharingWidget=true&panel=share

I have a sega swing cabinet with mistercade. Sometime the screen shaking on starting. Sometime between playing. Sometime after it happen the game pause and mister menu open up.

Do you think it cause by mistercade or anything else?
The sync voltage is 3V. When booting MiSTercade there's a few seconds before vertical sync is established (rolling vertical image), but I haven't seen shaking. Perhaps you can check your horizontal and vertical sync hold? I also really love the look of Sega Swing cabinets - just learned of their existence recently.
Set up my MiSTercade 2-cab 4P setup today. The MiSTercade is in the Astro.
  • Input:
    • Straight USB input. I tried running USB directly from my Vewlix’s Jasen’s IPFBs to the MiSTer, but that yielded weird 3P/4P input behavior (e.g. no joystick input, start buttons acted as core pause) that I couldn’t fix with MiSTer’s input mapping tool.
    • Mistercade 2P Encoder. The Mistercade 2P Encoder worked great: I put it in my Vewlix CP, moved the Brook headers from the IPFB to the 2P Encoder, and ran a USB A-to-C cable between cabs.
  • Video: I just ran HDMI from the MiSTercade to the Vewlix.
  • Audio: I was hoping to get audio via HDMI, but it’s not coming through. A quick Google search reveals a variety of possible causes (need a different HDMI cable, monitor might expect a certain signal to enable HDMI audio, monitor might need a constant audio signal…). It’d be simpler to run a long analog cable.

PXL_20230626_202559062.MP_Original.jpeg
Beautiful! Regarding the audio issue, do you have the stock Vewlix monitor? My vewlix has DVD, not HDMI. 2 settings to check in MiSTer.ini:
hdmi_audio_96k=0 (setting this to 1 will likely cause issues with some monitors)
dvi_mode=0 (this is mainly for monitors that don't display video when audio is sent but that's the opposite of your problem)

It can be hard to notice it because most circumstances it doesn't do anything, but for example in street fighter 2 if you are playing as vega he will do the backflip evade a lot and in golden axe when moving your character to the left they will sometimes run, which you usually have to initiate a double tap for.
I've seen just a handful of reports and am tracking these issues. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Beautiful! Regarding the audio issue, do you have the stock Vewlix monitor? My vewlix has DVD, not HDMI. 2 settings to check in MiSTer.ini:
hdmi_audio_96k=0 (setting this to 1 will likely cause issues with some monitors)
dvi_mode=0 (this is mainly for monitors that don't display video when audio is sent but that's the opposite of your problem)
Ah, audio is coming through over HDMI now after setting hdmi_audio_96k=0. Thanks for the pointer! Edit: Looks like 96k is the default for Mistercade's 15 kHz yoko config.

Now I'm living the dream of running 4P with only 2 cables between cabs, and switching between two independent 2P cabs and 4P MiSTercade takes only a minute (one HDMI, two Brook headers).

Last edited:
Do you think it could have to do with button mapping?

Side question if somehow the button mapping is overrided from the stock mistercade scripts for each game, what is the proper way to return it?

Do you think it could have to do with button mapping?

Side question if somehow the button mapping is overrided from the stock mistercade scripts for each game, what is the proper way to return it?

Button mapping won't have anything to do with double-inputs, but you can remove any custom mappings by removing the core's file from the /config/inputs folder.

Ok but if you override that file on accident. How do you restore to mistercade defaults

Ok but if you override that file on accident. How do you restore to mistercade defaults
You have to copy the files back over from Github if you change the mapping, but just map things how you want. I try to keep mappings consistent.

Back