What's new

sylphia

Student
Reaction score
Hi,
I have just received two XRGB-2 units which I would like to use for my test bench.
I originally planned to modify them to accept euro scart directly without the need to use a jap to euro scart adapter.
However they appear to have been modified. I am including some pics of the units received.

Some of the pins of the "PC IN" connector are connected to pins of the "GAME IN" connector.
In addition, compared to some pics of XRGB-2 units I found, there is an additional component labeled "H12.2-029".

Does anyone have any idea of the purpose of these modifications ?
Can I still use the scart connector to input the output of a supergun and connect a LCD ?

These units are in principle working but I would prefer to make sure that I can still use them before plugging anything in.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_7166.JPG
    IMG_7166.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7167.JPG
    IMG_7167.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7168.JPG
    IMG_7168.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 60
I have a XRGB-2 and love it but I noticed my unit had a hard time sending a stable VGA signal to my HDTV, the signal would just randomly drop, like the display was too big and the HDTV had a difficult time connecting to it. The XRGB-2 is super stable on PC monitors, so maybe this was modified for that?

thanks for your reply.

Looking more closely at the units, the original DB15 female PC IN connector has also been replaced by a DB9 male connector.
The mods are clean however and can be undone.

The units have probably been modified to output to a monitor requiring a DB9 connection.

Back