What's new
I hope I can eventually run those on a MiSTercade. That would be fantastic.
I'm not super familiar with Mister(cade) or Mame or etc any more - I moved to original hardware only a while back so this is my best memory

Looks like the Mortal Kombat + versions are distributed as .ips (patch) files - I'm guessing the author wants to avoid IP disputes.

So to turn the patches into files that mame/mistercade can consume maybe something like this?
extract the .ips patch files from the downloaded .zip
install and run a rom patcher tool that can handle .ips (for me on Mac that would be "multipatch" https://projects.sappharad.com/multipatch/ )
point the patcher at the original rom, the patch file, and the destination file
rename the resulting patched rom to match the original name.

Came to vouch for the project. I have MK2+ running on actual hardware. There's a blurb on the website that says "that's not possible", so I'm wondering why they have that there now?

interesting

As far as I know MiSTer doesn't have a working Mortal Kombat core yet. I know at least one group is currently working on it though. Once that is released I doubt it will be difficult to get this version running on it.

The website got reported to the MK rights holder and had to shut down for awhile, that might be why it says weird stuff on the site now.

Get into the Discord, that's where the discussion and all of the updates are discussed.

MK+ is not for public release now and no ETA on it.
MK2+ has a beta out
UMK3+ has a really fleshed out version now.

All work on real hardware.

Is it still possible to run the umk3 version on real hardware? I know at one time it required a special build per security chip.

Back