What's new
Ah Nice, I like how you moved the remote board down to there. The stock position was a bad choice, not sure what they were thinking with that.
I rather like the stock position. It's pretty cramped in that little compartment as it is

@Mrhide what kind of pin extracting tool(s) do you use for you molex/JTS connectors?

Wish I could crimp…

Installed
B9596C0C-A62B-4059-95AF-FD44B56061BE.jpeg

And she plays!! But badly! Gonna have to rebuild these joysticks but I am happy, the wiring is now back to factory!

87C2F6AA-BF0F-48F3-A6CF-53A97B1B0438.jpeg

Edit: and geez, polish that marquee asap!

Last edited:
Those crimpers are the real deal!

Thanks for the link!

I wish you luck in plastic and plexi restoration

Edit: and geez, polish that marquee asap!

I am sure this is preaching to the choir, but the 3 step novus plastic polish kit and a drill polishing pads/adapter will make that plus anything else plastic/acrylic look like new.

All available easy peasy and cheaply on amazon.

I have used it on basically all of my marquee's and clear plastics.

Another note on something I did, the big piece of glass overlaying the monitor. I had lots of "rubbed" sections where the black paint was just gone so the white plastic beneath would show through.

I ended up masking off the main clear section, I used an air brush with a stencile to airbrush on fresh white lettering, then reversed masked that off and then airbrushed the entire black painted edging. For me it made a big difference.

Thoughts on the CP:

I started with this disaster:

IMG_0222.JPG

Stage 2 - Sanded the entire thing, filled the cig burns with a automotive flexible polymer (not bondo!), more sanding....
67441487464__4291A95B-CC57-488D-B93D-6786E0774F9B.JPG

Ended up with this, this is not paint but a new type ceramic coating that bonds to the plastic, sorta like powder coating, but for plastic, much tougher than any paint that I had done at a specialty automotive shop. I have the OG metal panel, but wanted something alittle different from our home boy alberto. if you go this route, you need to specify a thinner metal piece as the OG is thin aluminum, his stock steel is a bit too thick to sit flush with the pastic.

IMG_1734.JPG

Last edited:
Thoughts on the CP:

IMG_0222.JPG

Stage 2 - Sanded the entire thing, filled the cig burns with a automotive flexible polymer (not bondo!), more sanding....

Ended up with this, this is not paint but a new type ceramic coating that bonds to the plastic, sorta like powder coating, but for plastic, much tougher than any paint that I had done at a specialty automotive shop. I have the OG metal panel, but wanted something alittle different from our home boy alberto. if you go this route, you need to specify a thinner metal piece as the OG is thin aluminum, his stock steel is a bit too thick to sit flush with the pastic.

IMG_1734.JPG
Please do share more about this plastic ceramic coating.

I am sure this is preaching to the choir, but the 3 step novus plastic polish kit and a drill polishing pads/adapter will make that plus anything else plastic/acrylic look like new.

All available easy peasy and cheaply on amazon.

I have used it on basically all of my marquee's and clear plastics.

Indeed ;)
C867E1D3-B8A4-4F9A-8296-0C5B7726D890.jpeg

Please do share more about this plastic ceramic coating.

https://www.cerakote.com/

Give this a look, its big in the firearms community for guns, it's tough as shit and looks great. Lotta vids and info out there on it. I have seen a few xbox controllers and keyboards with it.

Try and find a local place that applies it or maybe do it yourself if you have the tools/skill set.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the CP:

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG
Stunning. This looks absolutely beautiful!

egret 29 designer was like "yeah.... im going for something just a little different guys.. no worries it will fit right in with the others."

https://www.cerakote.com/

Give this a look, its big in the firearms community for guns, it's tough as shit and looks great. Lotta vids and info out there on it. I have seen a few xbox controllers and keyboards with it.

Try and find a local place that applies it or maybe do it yourself if you have the tools/skill set.
I might try with bezel and other panels asap ! It's crazy that i've never heard about this.

Thanks for sharing, it looks amazing !

Super impressive lineup. I'd probably put my Blast's next to each other ;)

I don't know why, but I love the Egret 29. It's probably one of my only goal cabs at this point.

I think if I had that collection of cabs I'd have it line it up like
E29 NAC Blast Blast E2 Vewlix Lindbergh

so that the angle of the monitor slowly becomes more upright as it goes down the line

Back