What's new

ebzero89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a monitor with a MS-2933 on it in my Blast cab. When playing games (most often 3rd strike) and a full brightness white screen comes up, the image gets larger then shrinks back down to regular size. It's kind of hard to film, but essentially, if you do things like... super jump after Chun's SA2 on her stage, that would trigger it, or doing a raging demon would also trigger it due to the brightness change. I have tried looking around for something like this and it was mentioned here in a thread that I can't seem to locate anymore that the anode cap not making good connection could cause it. I have reseated the anode cap several times and the issue is exactly the same.

Additionally, this does not happen on another blast cab I have using an MS-2931 or on my supergun to an RGB modded TV. Any thoughts about where to look? IIRC the screen getting larger during bright segments would imply something is off in the HV section of the board, but I don't really know where to look or how to start testing.

Hello all, I have a monitor with a MS-2933 on it in my Blast cab. When playing games (most often 3rd strike) and a full brightness white screen comes up, the image gets larger then shrinks back down to regular size. It's kind of hard to film, but essentially, if you do things like... super jump after Chun's SA2 on her stage, that would trigger it, or doing a raging demon would also trigger it due to the brightness change. I have tried looking around for something like this and it was mentioned here in a thread that I can't seem to locate anymore that the anode cap not making good connection could cause it. I have reseated the anode cap several times and the issue is exactly the same.

Additionally, this does not happen on another blast cab I have using an MS-2931 or on my supergun to an RGB modded TV. Any thoughts about where to look? IIRC the screen getting larger during bright segments would imply something is off in the HV section of the board, but I don't really know where to look or how to start testing.
That’s a very rare chassis

If the image shrinks and grows, or gets brighter and darker, it's often the flyback failing on you.

Back