What's new

Scillianaire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a cab with an MS9 recently and the monitor seemed DOA. Took it to PNL and they got it back online but now it doesn’t maintain geometry and if you push the image right on the remote board it starts to collapse on its self -the displayed image is noticeably crushed/ more narrow to that side as well. Any ideas or notes would be super appreciated! Thank you. I can share images if that helps.

now it’s not warping all the time but you can see it do what it was doing before when the screen goes from white to black or vice versa.

Peek the bottom right corner of the screen when the screen goes from black to white back to black. Please let me know if anyone has suggestions.

Has it been recapped? If not, I'd start there.
It probably has not but I’m not aware of anyone offering that service in Los Angeles at the moment. I feel like 90% of the time when anyone asks about issues with a monitor everyone just shouts “get it recapped” and that would definitely probably improve it in many ways but sometimes doesn’t address the particular issue at hand.

I would start with a re-cap as well. It would be good to eliminate faulty capacitors first since many are probably marginal at best.

It probably has not but I’m not aware of anyone offering that service in Los Angeles at the moment. I feel like 90% of the time when anyone asks about issues with a monitor everyone just shouts “get it recapped” and that would definitely probably improve it in many ways but sometimes doesn’t address the particular issue at hand.
PNL can service your monitor. They are a bit of a drive out in Covina, but at least you wouldn't have to mail it.

They did “service” it. They didn’t recap anything. They did get it back on though. Cost me $140.

Back