What's new

Drn_89

Beginner
Reaction score
I’ve got a new astro city cabinet that i just got working after getting the chassis fixed. When i powered it on the horizontal size was almost 1.5x the width of the actual screen even when dialling down the H SIZE to a minimum on the control panel.
Ive double checked the cables on the chassis on the horizontal side and made sure its on “Narrow” rather than “Wide” and the connector for resolution is on the 15khz (printed as “low” on the chassis) rather than the 24khz (“high”)
Now a friend (who has more electronics knowledge than i do) suggested to either:-
1 - Change the horizontal coil on the chassis with one that has more windings (ie. more inductance) which will force the H SIZE to shrink a bit. Im not even too sure how to do that or where to get such a thing
2- Replace some of the ceramic capacitors on the horizontal deflection side of the chassis which will also physically shrink the H size too.

Am i missing something that I can do or tweak without having to do the above? I’m just afraid if i go with these approaches (giving that someone literally schools me on how to do it) i might damage something on the chassis or the tube.

Looking forward to the replies from the arcade professionals! :D

Have you adjusted H.S.LIM on the chassis?

I might have while playing around with the variables on the chassis,
Would that fix it and get the h size to fill the screen without overscaning?
What other possibilities are there or different methods?
Unfortunatly im not near the cabinet at the moment and can only check on the weekends…

I tried both MisTercade and a pandora box through jamma, both have the same issue with the H SIZE overscan

Have you adjusted H.S.LIM on the chassis?
So my technitian said that the H.S.LIM pot is not working and needs to be replaced,
The pot value is 33k (even though it has 34F on it which i have no idea what that means) but couldnt find it anywhere, however found 30k, would that work? And if it does work will it somehow put the chassis or the tube on any kind of risk?

Attachments

• CE35B383-30A2-47D6-B166-980CACDC516A.jpeg
    CE35B383-30A2-47D6-B166-980CACDC516A.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 8
Back