What's new
Not hijacking the thread, just showing what became of the mess. Cleaned and scrapped off the corrosive and coated the exposed traces with solder.

If you wish to cover the exposed traces again you can order UV curable solder mask fairly inexpensive like this

C$ 4.35 | Mechanic UV Curing Solder Mask Ink, 10ml, Green, Red, 6 Color, PCB, BGA Circuit Board, Insulating Protect, Soldering Paste, Flux Oil
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKq1QxC

If you wish to cover the exposed traces again you can order UV curable solder mask fairly inexpensive like this

C$ 4.35 | Mechanic UV Curing Solder Mask Ink, 10ml, Green, Red, 6 Color, PCB, BGA Circuit Board, Insulating Protect, Soldering Paste, Flux Oil
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKq1QxC
My apologies for my ignorance.
Could you still apply that on board to prevent that from happening? A preventative? Is that what it is basically?

My apologies for my ignorance.
Could you still apply that on board to prevent that from happening? A preventative? Is that what it is basically?
It was the old caps that leaked and caused the corrosion on the solder mask and traces.

It was the old caps that leaked and caused the corrosion on the solder mask and traces.
Wow.. it cause that much damage?? Good thing I did a capkit on imine Even though at a risk of blowing it up. Unfortunately I won't know until I solder that damn smd resistor tomorrow and that hack Job I did with that wire being spliced in like that.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

Also, would like to thank all of you here for all your help, I am very grateful .

Wow.. it cause that much damage?? Good thing I did a capkit on imine Even though at a risk of blowing it up. Unfortunately I won't know until I solder that damn smd resistor tomorrow and that hack Job I did with that wire being spliced in like that.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

Also, would like to thank all of you here for all your help, I am very grateful .
You're welcome, yea once them caps leak imagine years of that fluid sitting there and the the higher temps don't help once the fluid leaked.

Update:

Got the smd resistor today and put everything back together and started right up no issues.
I want to thank all of you here that helped me out. If it wasn't for you this would not had happened. Also, the sharpness mod is awesome!!

Some pics. 20221214_071027.jpg20221214_070935.jpg20221214_071029.jpg

Corroded MS9-29 lives!

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_173129.jpg
    IMG_20221215_173129.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20221215_173104.jpg
    IMG_20221215_173104.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20221215_175035.jpg
    IMG_20221215_175035.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 42