What's new

ddshot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question,wondering if any put a ms9 in a blast city.if anyone has what was the fitment like,and What was the fitment like round the bezal?
Thanks

MS9 or previous is more traditional curved glass monitor fitment will not match a blast bezel because its made for a semi curved glass tube.

I know some guys that have supposedly put MS9's into blasts, if you just need something it can work.

If the fitment leaves a large gab you can fill the gap with foam or something.
Blasts and etc from that time period used semi curved glass tubes until sega used pure flats on the new nets and then that was the end of the CRT generation.

You need to take into consideration that the 2930/31/33 are trisync monitors and MS9/MS8 is dual sync although you can mod the 24khz medium res on a MS9 to be 31khz.

You should also double check the main connector pin out that goes to the chassis on the blast versus a MS9 as im not sure off hand if thats just plug and play compatible...

Many people have put MS9s in Blasts. As Geekman1222 said, the curvature is different so you will notice gaps at the corners. Additionally the tube will have to be back mounted to the frame and some spacers or washers will need to be used because the tube sits farther forward on the MS9 frame then the MS2930 does. The connectors on the chassis are interchangeable and plug right in.

Thanks for input dudes,appreciated.yeah was thinking the curvature would be off just wasn’t sure how bad it would look,it’s possible I could get someone to customise the bezal to fit.thinking il give it a shot,the ms9 is so much easier tune and fix when hoes kaput 👍

Has anyone tried putting an MS9 chassis on a MS2930 tube? The MS9 is obviously a lot smaller, but the yoke measurements are pretty close IIRC.

Has anyone tried putting an MS9 chassis on a MS2930 tube? The MS9 is obviously a lot smaller, but the yoke measurements are pretty close IIRC.
I would like to know as well, if any one has done this or think this could work

It can probably "work"
But you wont like the results of the picture more than likely I would not recommend it

1 your yoke impedence needs to be compatible with the chassis or roughly compatible.
2 even if you manage to get all that done the tube curvetures are different. So your deflection may or may not look really goofy with a MS9 driving a Ms293X yoke. Or putting a Ms9 yoke on a that tube.

These parts are all kinda built to coexist to the specs of a glass tube. Then the final image is tweaked manual in the factory (Geo colors etc)

Edit: im not saying it would work thats on you.

Last edited:
Back