What's new
Want To Buy

mltv

Professional
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for one or the other (unless I get a good deal on both ;)

Cave Muchi Muchi Pork or Pink Sweets arcade pcb.

I am now looking for ibara, too.

bump i.e. come on folks, hook a homie up! (:

MMP comes up probably once a month over on the Shmups forums. Haven't seen PS since December anywhere. Ibara was on there earlier today, but already sold, have not seen another in 6 months or more, that one has gone into hiding, along with Bakraid. Shmups collectors are just holding on for dear life since prices keep skyrocketing (thanks STV). No one's selling because they're not sure they'll be able to buy their titles back if it comes to it. Lots of talk that way over on Shmups the past year or so.

these are some of the "less" in demand Cave pcbs. shouldn't have a problem getting a decent price. it will just take time to find.

best of luck :thumbup:
Shmups collectors are just holding on for dear life since prices keep skyrocketing (thanks STV). No one's selling because they're not sure they'll be able to buy their titles back if it comes to it. Lots of talk that way over on Shmups the past year or so.
the cheapest sold price you see dose not equal current value. Just like the highest sale price doesn't. every sale is different.

Ibara kit sold last week on YHJ for 640, a PCB for awhile sells for around 450
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e181494530 not really "skyrocketing"

Coin opexpress has a *2* pink sweets PCBs for $806. best to check what revision thay have. maybe $75-150 over priced not much over anywhere else. most likely price that way so they don't sell out in a day.
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pcbs/pcb/Pink_Sweets_(Ibara_II)_PCB_6701.html

Muchi muchi pork i haven't seen for a wile. but doesn't have near the demand as other Cave games. Its not going to be "Skyrocking"

the forum perceived price hikes over the past year have been a bit hyperbolic, imho. this years has been more about low availability than appreciation.

certainly Forum hype, running around screaming "THEIR RARE NOW! BUY BUY BUY GO GO GO!" doesn't help much ether.

and to be fair STV is not much of a scapegoat anymore. the people that for years have been complaining about his prices are now selling their PCBs at equal or higher price.

EU collectors adding the import duties to the value when they go to sell doesn't help much. some people are asking $400 above what STV sold the same board for a month ago. how dose a PCB gain $400 in value because it was shipped to the EU?

and you cant forget the buyers willing to pay high prices because they don't do their research and fall victim to forum hype. Remember this guy?

12f250e458003023c6c47b583e28538873ba6295a57265c5299ea62c3ed0e8fe.jpg
7b7367b9e4a47df577d0c6bf78666d3f
57506704.jpg

The-Animated-Memes-Market.gif
f623a1248ca998c9a85c7d63a542cd2a04332dad58d00136fcde8631e23810aa.jpg
4ED2-REQ-1210CramerRemix.jpg
Jim-Cramer-header.jpg

Last edited:
these are some of the "less" in demand Cave pcbs. shouldn't have a problem getting a decent price. it will just take time to find.

best of luck :thumbup:
Shmups collectors are just holding on for dear life since prices keep skyrocketing (thanks STV). No one's selling because they're not sure they'll be able to buy their titles back if it comes to it. Lots of talk that way over on Shmups the past year or so.
the cheapest sold price you see dose not equal current value. Just like the highest sale price doesn't. every sale is different.
Ibara kit sold last week on YHJ for 640, a PCB for awhile sells for around 450
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e181494530 not really "skyrocketing"

Coin opexpress has a *2* pink sweets PCBs for $806. best to check what revision thay have. maybe $75-150 over priced not much over anywhere else. most likely price that way so they don't sell out in a day.
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pcbs/pcb/Pink_Sweets_(Ibara_II)_PCB_6701.html

Muchi muchi pork i haven't seen for a wile. but doesn't have near the demand as other Cave games. Its not going to be "Skyrocking"

the forum perceived price hikes over the past year have been a bit hyperbolic, imho. this years has been more about low availability than appreciation.

certainly Forum hype, running around screaming "THEIR RARE NOW! BUY BUY BUY GO GO GO!" doesn't help much ether.

and to be fair STV is not much of a scapegoat anymore. the people that for years have been complaining about his prices are now selling their PCBs at equal or higher price.

EU collectors adding the import duties to the value when they go to sell doesn't help much. some people are asking $400 above what STV sold the same board for a month ago. how dose a PCB gain $400 in value because it was shipped to the EU?

and you cant forget the buyers willing to pay high prices because they don't do their research and fall victim to forum hype. Remember this guy?
To be entirely fair, 2.5 years ago I bought Ibara for $250. Almost double the price in that timeframe seems like skyrocketing to me. Other Cave games have gotten insane, especially the older ones (DonPachi/DoDonPachi, I'm looking at you). In the past 4-5 years games have gone way high in general, shmups as well. But even a year and change ago you could get most titles a whole lot cheaper than you can today, and more easily.

As for MMP I've seen a bunch of WTB threads, but none for sale. Possibly because the port is supposedly poor? That's always the excuse for SDOJ prices. "Port's broken, only way to play it for real is the PCB." I don't know, I've owned the PCB and the port and can't tell the difference (I'm certainly not any sort of shmup God).

CoinOpExpress never actually has items they claim in stock. I've tried to purchase from them before and they say they'll get back to me and *poof*. They're well known for just locating stock, not actually having it.

Oh, EU collectors hurt it for sure, they tend to have the idea that "I'm XX into it, so that's what I'm charging", so do the guys who pay the high prices, etc. It's a whole lot of things, but STV certainly played some part.

In any case, I love your memes, I was just chiming in with what I've noticed. I'm in the same spot as OP, looking for certain titles, no one's selling though.

ReWrite your the man 8) :love: I apologize for the snarky tone of the writing. wasn't directed at you. for the sake of dialog it's more toward the argument people use; that STV is solely responsible for a price increases in a +20 year old collector market. Its becomes a hard argument to make since people who where once outspoken against a increases in value,. Have no issue with taking advantage of the higher sale price when its convenient for them.

If its a issue of principal. Then profiting form one sale would be just as bad as 10,000. We cant control what people pay for things or peoples asking price. waste of energy trying to vilify behavior we have no control over. its just the new norm, because iphone.

To be entirely fair, 2.5 years ago I bought Ibara for $250. Almost double the price in that timeframe seems like skyrocketing to me. Other Cave games have gotten insane, especially the older ones (DonPachi/DoDonPachi, I'm looking at you). In the past 4-5 years games have gone way high in general, shmups as well. But even a year and change ago you could get most titles a whole lot cheaper than you can today, and more easily.
I agree. you are absolutely correct. %100 gain over 4 years i would consider pretty normal for the times. its "ok". I prefer or expect %500 to %1,500 with comic speculation. but that a different market and entry price.

I like to think you manged to grab your games during what i'd call;

-the "completionist era" of this particular hobby. when low demand, high availability, and lack of internet hype, intersect at this magical place where the most honorable and loyal fans are able to afford to be completionist.

Ie: full comic runs, complete game libraries

-the completionist era falls to the "prize era" where item population dwindles, demand increase, and rampant internet hipster hype. price barriers begin to exclude collectors form affording a complete set. forcing people to chose between their very favorites.

Ie: comic character first appearance, favorite/rare game titles

-the Prize era falls to "investment era" items are such a high value the market expect value security

Ie: condition sensitive buying, 3 party professional verification grading, multi generational intellectual properties

-then investment era falls to the "retirement era"

the completionist era collectors start to die off and the new generations loose interest in the general and full breath and generations of the hobby. the only demand left is for the 1st issue/game/appearance of the multi generational intellectual properties.

Ie: superman, batman, spiderman, mario, zelda, pokimon, etc

few weeks ago i did a rather long PM with someone here. Detailing collectible hobbies price increases to a : 1st first month, 2 years, 7 years, 20 years peaks and valleys scale. It would support your 4-5 year price increase. i can send it to you if you have interest in reading my nutter market theories.

As for MMP I've seen a bunch of WTB threads, but none for sale. Possibly because the port is supposedly poor? That's always the excuse for SDOJ prices. "Port's broken, only way to play it for real is the PCB." I don't know, I've owned the PCB and the port and can't tell the difference (I'm certainly not any sort of shmup God).
just my experience. but i cant get MMP to run without issue in mame. sound issues , taring, frame lag and speed up. its playable but MMP and Ibara i have the most quality issues in mame. SDJ i'm not knowledgeable enough to know the differences in the Xbox port from the PCB. i think the xbox port is fine for me. dont have it for mame. (I'm certainly not any sort of shmup God).

no port for Ibara and its still on the lesser expensive scale. Do to it being a different type of shooter? a step away form the Cave sensibility?

at least where not lago ultimate collection star wars completionist X/ ?( :S || :whistling: :sleeping:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_22i34zm9u_b

Last edited:
few weeks ago i did a rather long PM with someone here. Detailing collectible hobbies price increases to a : 1st first month, 2 years, 7 years, 20 years peaks and valleys scale. It would support your 4-5 year price increase. i can send it to you if you have interest in reading my nutter market theories.
I'd be interested in reading that. Can you post it on the forum?

just my experience. but i cant get MMP to run without issue in mame. sound issues , taring, frame lag and speed up. its playable but MMP and Ibara i have the most quality issues in mame. SDJ i'm not knowledgeable enough to know the differences in the Xbox port from the PCB. i think the xbox port is fine for me. dont have it for mame. (I'm certainly not any sort of shmup God).

I have that same problem with MMP in Mame on my end. Ibara plays mostly fine for me, though.

I like the look of MMP and way it plays...but parts of it really get on my nerves (like the voice over sound effects). I've considered owning it, but I just couldn't ever justify spending $550~$700 for a game that I only like the first couple of levels of and grow irritated by. So I tend to just stick to the Xbox port.

no port for Ibara and its still on the lesser expensive scale. Do to it being a different type of shooter? a step away form the Cave sensibility?
There is an Ibara port. It's on PS2. It's also made by the guy who designed Battle Bakraid / Battle Garegga rather than the DDP/Mushi/etc guy, so I think it falls more in line with those guys than the usual Cave guys.

Even Deathsmiles got pricier lately, and I'd actually like to get that one again. And APB, and some others, but for Cave I really just want another DS PCB. Steam release is really weird (but Degica seems super committed to making it better), and the 360 one isn't bad, but not the same.

I can't get MMP to work in MAME properly. I've got a modded 360 and just use that. The God shmuppers complain about the port, but I'm having fun with it, so I don't really mind.

ReWrite your the man I apologize for the snarky tone of the writing. wasn't directed at you.
No worries, I didn't think it was a personal thing. The prices lately are absurd regardless of reason. It's nice to chat about it. STV really did make buying on YAJ impossible for a little while though if nothing else. I don't personally think he caused any weird market issues, just was a hell of an opponent to bid against.

I miss the days of Starpine dropping dozens of the same Cave boards for 40k yen every single week. 06-11 was an amazing time to be importing despite the weak dollar.

I'd be interested in reading that. Can you post it on the forum?
Me too! Count us all in!

I started collecting arcade stuff in the "completionist era", I have owned just about every Cave title, Raizing, Psikyo, etc at once point or another. But prices never used to fluctuate, so there was little incentive to hold onto anything in particular because you could just buy it back for the same price in a month if you missed it.

When I went back to collecting SNES things had hit that "prize era", things just started to get pricey. I bought up 600 or so CIB SNES titles. A year or so later I had to move cross-country and I sold them all off. I'd assume that Nintendo stuff is now hitting the "investment era", prices are way higher than just a year or two ago and I'm thankful I talked myself into a flashcart, haha.

@mltv I love you dude, sorry for derailing your thread T_T.

No prob - it gets more eyes on this :) So, Im hoping it pays off!

There is an Ibara port. It's on PS2
oh ya, forgot about the PS2 ports. I read somewhere that the DDP DOJ xbox port was a copy paste hack job of the PS2 and caused game braking load times. had to be fixed with an update but not fast enough to correct fan outrage. you have a 360 for it i would recommend finding the title update. if not already. make a huge difference.

side note: mushihimesama on steam is nice, though just a port of the 360 it seems. at least you get 1.5 with it. looks like Cave is moving their 360 ports to steam.
Even Deathsmiles got pricier lately,
YHJ March 13
When I went back to collecting SNES things had hit that "prize era", things just started to get pricey. I bought up 600 or so CIB SNES titles. A year or so later I had to move cross-country and I sold them all off. I'd assume that Nintendo stuff is now hitting the "investment era", prices are way higher than just a year or two ago and I'm thankful I talked myself into a flashcart, haha.
I'm more of a PS1, Ps2, Dreamcast, japan sega Saturn collector. I picked up a modest collection of SNES, gameboy, GBA starting in 2008. Sold most of it off the past 3 Christmas. I'm keeping my joe & mac. :) never was too attached to a Nintendo collection. became worth more than i was willing to keep it for. I'm a geeky hoarder, but also a pragmatist *i think. Never had a NES So didn't collect any. I would occasionally buy NES games at a yard sale if I knew I could sell it and buy more dreamcast games with it.

Probably going to sell off the remainder of my open collection and a few sealed games next winter. Use the cash for arcade games.

Some of the nintendo collector have had super market shock the past few years. They lash out at people who sell game more than "they" think there worth. Entitlement much? There are so many YT personality that for years made a nice amount of money buying from flea markets and yardsale and selling on the internet to get more money to buy games with.

Then the Iphone came out and every one had access to the same information we once had to study for. resells and yardsales started looking up sale value. charging closer to actual sale and nintendo pickers couldn't make a profit from buying "just doubles" since the secret way of buying complete sets is now common knowledge. its everyone's fault that the jig is up.

A lot of YT personality spent the last few years showing off their collections and overstating values. they created massive market hype. Then they put up video complaining about how games got too expensive and its not worth collecting anymore, It's all these other peoples fault. them telling 150,000 people every video to "GO GO GO BUY BUY BUY RARE RARE RARE!" and it's someones fault that more people want to collect SNES? I can actually find videos of people over stating game values at the time. then years later having a internet meltdown and giving up collecting because the games got too expensive.

There seem to be a lot of entitlement attitude surrounding game collecting these day. I almost don't want to be associated with the console hobby anymore. Amiibo collectors are the most vicious collectors i have met BTW.

First world problems. you could be starving in the desert. " I saw it on the internet. that means it's mine! and if i don't get it is person X's fault"
No prob - it gets more eyes on this So, Im hoping it pays off!
I'm good for it . I'll make it up to you :thumbup: let us know how you made out if you find them elsewhere.

Last edited:
As noted, found the ibara. But still looking for pink sweets or MMP. Im in the US.

Bare PCB or kit - either will do.

Good luck getting these bro, I havent seen these come up for sale in a long time.

Back