What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
It would be nice if there is a Darksoft Multi Nintendo VS. Unisys. Right now, so much manual work to clear eproms and copy new game data to eproms then put em back.

Our own @brizzo was working on one once upon a time, but as tends to be the way with our genius members, too many projects going at once :)

Revisiting this one... So as far as I am aware the current VS Lite kits available have game sets restricted by PPU's and additionally they do not support any of the games that came on the Konami daughter boards (Castlevania, Gradius etc.) as well as other daughter boards like Dr. Mario.

A complete all in one multi for Nintendo VS would be amazing...!

I mean don't we kinda already have this?
You can run all the Nintendo Vs games/ROMs on the Everdrive N8 in an RGB modded retail NES.
The games do require a small patch to enable freeplay (as you have no button for insert coin) and must use the color palette of the NES PPU (not the arcade PPU).

I mean don't we kinda already have this?You can run all the Nintendo Vs games/ROMs on the Everdrive N8 in an RGB modded retail NES.
The games do require a small patch to enable freeplay (as you have no button for insert coin) and must use the color palette of the NES PPU (not the arcade PPU).
Sure, but not overly useful for my original VS cabs that run those PCB'S... Red Tent etc...

Sure, but not overly useful for my original VS cabs that run those PCB'S
cqOqjgM.jpg

glmOumF.png

My cab has no such issues. :)

The problem with running an n8 is the RGB color palette.

Nintendo has their own RGB palette that resembled more of a composite palette when they released their VS and then playchoice 10 line.

If you want the best experience I would reccomend a playchoice with NES adapter going to a Powerpak multi cart.

The n8 are not compatible with the playchoice 10 NES adapter.

Most VS games are converted to NES ROMs.

Nintendo has their own RGB palette that resembled more of a composite palette when they released their VS and then playchoice 10 line.
IF you RGB mod your NES with Tim's kit and install the pallet selector switch you can set it to the arcade PPU setting.
No its not a PERFECT match, but its damn close and doing that will negate the need to patch the ROM for NES PPU color pallet support.
You still have to patch for "insert coin" however, as NES has no mapping/register for this.

IF you RGB mod your NES with Tim's kit and install the pallet selector switch you can set it to the arcade PPU setting.No its not a PERFECT match, but its damn close and doing that will negate the need to patch the ROM for NES PPU color pallet support.
You still have to patch for "insert coin" however, as NES has no mapping/register for this.
Yeah I still have my RGB top loader and love it. But it is not close at all.

I prefer the garish setting on the switch for a lot of games but certain games like Mother don’t look right in RGB conversion. Playchoice got it right.

Blue sky’s, seas and yellow wallpaper in Mother.

The problem is the RGB algorithm converts other colors to wrong composite when you fix the offending colors.

FBX covered this awhile ago on Shmups.

I have original cabs running all original hardware/wiring etc, so not intersted in putting in anything else into these such as a modded NES etc... I will happily look at that for my console setup though. :)

I am certain that there would be heaps of Ninty arcade enthusiasts who would be all over a true multi solution for the original hardware.

I understand.

Their was guy who made a VS multi but got stressed out and ghosted the internet for years teasing his product.

If you want the full Nintendo arcade power you will need the following for a VS to PC-10 conversion:

Pc10 single monitor harness
Pc10 single monitor pcb
Pc10 single monitor control panel

Note: the pics of Mother are on my Playchoice 10 arcade cabinet, not a console.

I understand.

Their was guy who made a VS multi but got stressed out and ghosted the internet for years teasing his product.

If you want the full Nintendo arcade power you will need the following for a VS to PC-10 conversion:

Pc10 single monitor pcb

pssttt....

That guy MIGHT be an admin here ;)

I understand.

Pc10 single monitor pcb

pssttt....
That guy MIGHT be an admin here ;)
Well that’s fine then.

I think the admins here are doing a great job.

I appreciate them all.

@KalessinDB

talk to you soon

Back