What's new

mob-z

Beginner
Reaction score
Gents,

I am in the process of restoring my 6 slot Candy Cab, and I am missing some parts which I have difficulty finding anywhere. I'm not sure if this the right place to post about this.

In any case, I am currently looking for the marquee and base holder for the MV25UP-0. I have attached some photos for reference (Photos are courtesy of BuddyC).

All I need is the dimensions of the base holder as we as the marquee, I would appreciate if someone can provide it. Alternatively, If someone can reproduce them I am happy to talk to them as well.

Thank you in advance.

mob-z

Attachments

• 8BC19881-9AC5-445C-8E14-C1CF809D8D5B.jpg
    8BC19881-9AC5-445C-8E14-C1CF809D8D5B.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 29
  • F423572A-1A16-4A83-BCED-EE29E1C414ED.jpg
    F423572A-1A16-4A83-BCED-EE29E1C414ED.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 27
  • EL Panel 2.png
    EL Panel 2.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 23
  • EL Panel.png
    EL Panel.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 829432IMG0580.jpg
    829432IMG0580.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 25
I have one. I can try to make a drawing of the holder.

Is the last picture what you have currently?

Nem, I would really appreciate your help 🙏🏼.
The last picture is juat from a google search.

Oh, you're missing the whole marquee?

I can do some drawings of an original one.

I thought I would have more time this weekend.

Here's a pic of mine with some measurements of the perspex.

Larger pic here:

https://imgur.com/a/xbHqsfB

The whole thing is 460mm tall.

Attachments

• mv25up_0_marquee_small.jpg
    mv25up_0_marquee_small.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Nem,

You are my hero! This is extremely helpful, I really appreciate your support on this 🙌.

Would you be able to do one small favor for me please🙈.

Would you be able to take front and side view of the marquee holder and base? I've a attached photo for reference.

I can redraw them using CAD and share it later if anyone want to reproduce them.

Attachments

• EL Panel 2.1.jpg
    EL Panel 2.1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 13
I thought I would have more time this weekend.

Here's a pic of mine with some measurements of the perspex.

Larger pic here:

https://imgur.com/a/xbHqsfB

The whole thing is 560mm tall.
Nem,

I am looking at the picture with the measurements, it seems that the width is longer than the height? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I can't tell the marquee's thickness, but I would assume it is around 4mm.

Thanks,

Would you be able to take front and side view of the marquee holder and base?

Sure, in two weeks.

I am looking at the picture with the measurements, it seems that the width is longer than the height?

The acrylic / top panel is 42cm wide and 38cm tall. If you include the bottom part (the housing for all of the hardware) the whole thing is 46cm tall.

In the picture it does look like it's wider than it is tall, but the picture lies. alas picture didn't lie, I lied :(

The top panel includes multiple layers. Altogether it's probably like 6 or 7mm thick. I can measure it if it's important to you.

Last edited:
Sure, in two weeks.
Sounds good 👍
The acrylic / top panel is 42cm wide and 48cm tall. If you include the bottom part (the housing for all of the hardware) the whole thing is 56cm tall.
That's all what I need, I just wanted to confirm the size because indeed the picture can be misleading.
The top panel includes multiple layers. Altogether it's probably like 6 or 7mm thick. I can measure it if it's important to you.
If you can do that I would really appreciate it. But I wouldn't stress on it. From your description it would seem that we are in the same ball park, so 1mm or 2mm wouldn't be an issue.

Hi Nem and Mob-z,

Nice to talk to you again :)
I am redrawing the marquee front piece for Mob-z, thank you for your measurements Nem! But I am afraid those are not 100% correct. At least when I scale the design to your measurement, it get stretches vertically. It looks much better if I reverse the width and height measurements, but still, I want to make 100% sure I have the exact measurements.

Can you please confirm the width and height of the black front plexi piece? Also included how far the bottom plexi piece goes inside the white metal frame please. If I have the exact width and height of the plexi piece I can redraw it accurately. So complete part, not only visible part.

I thick thickness is 4 mm for the front and 4 mm for the back plexi if I am correct?

Thanks in advance buddy!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 17.53.53.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 17.53.53.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 10
Right, I had made a typo. Height of the acrylic is 38cm, not 48cm. Overall height is 46cm.

Width is 42cm.

Overall thickness is 9.3mm, but that includes the 1.3mm thick steel plate.

Sorry about that. I updated the pic in my post.

Thank you nem for the update!
Overall thickness is 9.3mm, but that includes the 1.3mm thick steel plate.
I didn't know that. Is the steel plate between the two acrylic pieces? or is it in the back?

It's in the back.

I'll dismantle it over the weekend and shoot some pics.

Back