What's new

pubjoe

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

I've received an MVS cart that turned out to be a boot, and seeing as these bootleg PCBs must have been in production I was wondering if they were used for various games.

Is it possible (and practical) to change the EPROMs to convert it to something else?

It's a Neo Turf Masters btw.

Attachments

• 5CD148B4-9C29-4A70-95F9-34B3219EB336.jpeg
    5CD148B4-9C29-4A70-95F9-34B3219EB336.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 95
Possible but probably not practical unless you have some experience converting games. All the MVS documentation out there is for converting actual pcbs. So for that bootleg pcb you’d be starting from scratch determining the rom sizes, pinouts, jumper configurations, and whatever addressing logic is onboard. The first thing I’d probably do is try to convert it right back into a Neo Turf Masters, but actually using all EPROMs instead of those several mask roms. That would involve solving some of those issues above, but would at least limit some of the variables.

Thanks.

Yeah that'd be me out then. I had this silly idea in my head that it could possibly be done with no knowledge.

For example maybe if I could somehow find rom data of another bootleg that uses the same boards.

love this kind of bootlegs, i had tons of realbout special. and still having ultimate11 and twinkle star sprites in my shelf <3

for me, its BK1 at the top, coz 4 V roms, and 256 at the bottom.

Back