What's new

mSlider

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I think to start posting my first project here as recomended by a friend (thanks Adri), the main reason is to record the progress and the problems/solutions that arise in the way and the second reason is to share with you and learn and of course have fun while I leave the machine ready.
I have acquired the machine from a person near my city who has had it for about 7 years in his house, before that I do not know the history of the machine.

As far as I know, the main reason I decided to buy it is because the CRT was in perfect condition when I saw it and because it had been cut to play sitting down.

At the moment I upload the first photos of the machine:

01_NUC_pres.JPG
02_NUC_pres.JPG
03_NUC_pres.JPG

The machine seems an original Model: Virtua Striker 3 UK.
The person that sell it painted some pieces with a red color that I don't like, it also has some broken parts, others are missing but in general everything works ok (sound, controls, video, light, etc...)
The first thing I'm going to do is disassemble it, clean it and change the screws (the original torx type ones are pretty bad).
I will also make a list of the broken and missing parts.

PS: If someone has more info about this model please put it here!!!

Not in order, but one of the things I've have changed was the fluorescent light tube and it's electronics by a new led tube. The main benefit is that led tube does not heat and the consumption is much more less.
The most dificult was to find a tube that works with 110 VAC to not touch the original power connector. I finally find one that accepts voltages from 85 to 265 VAC.

And here it is mounted and shining...
LED_TUBE_01.JPG
LED_TUBE_02.JPG

For reference put a link to the model I found on amazon: https://amzn.eu/d/1vt6HN3

Back