What's new

ItsBobDudes

Grand Master
Reaction score
I came across and interesting one today so I figured I would share. I got a Tekken 5 DR disc and dongle from another forum member back in the summer and finally got around to booting it up. I get the dreaded black screen, bummer. I go through the usual round of trying all the DVD drives in the house and nothing works. Buy a DVD drive for cheap on Ebay, no joy. Burn a new T5 DR image. Still no joy.

I finally get around to inspecting the dongle and... the contacts are set way farther back than they should be when compared to any other dongle or PS2 memory card. Time to open it up. This is how I found it:

IMG-0851.jpg

This is how it should look:
IMG-0852.jpg

I tried to put it back into the correct position and reassemble but as the dongle wipes against the contacts in the 256, it gets pushed back. Looking at the dongle shell it looks like it was glued in place? There are 2 spots on the top of the shell that look like there may have been some really thin standoffs to hold the PCB in place but I had no broken plastic in the shell.
IMG-0853.jpg

So I made a spacer from a cut up gift card for the time being.
IMG-0854.jpg

And I have a working game again.

Anyhow, check your dongles people.

I came across and interesting one today so I figured I would share. I got a Tekken 5 DR disc and dongle from another forum member back in the summer and finally got around to booting it up. I get the dreaded black screen, bummer. I go through the usual round of trying all the DVD drives in the house and nothing works. Buy a DVD drive for cheap on Ebay, no joy. Burn a new T5 DR image. Still no joy.

I finally get around to inspecting the dongle and... the contacts are set way farther back than they should be when compared to any other dongle or PS2 memory card. Time to open it up. This is how I found it:

IMG-0851.jpg

This is how it should look:
IMG-0852.jpg

I tried to put it back into the correct position and reassemble but as the dongle wipes against the contacts in the 256, it gets pushed back. Looking at the dongle shell it looks like it was glued in place? There are 2 spots on the top of the shell that look like there may have been some really thin standoffs to hold the PCB in place but I had no broken plastic in the shell.
IMG-0853.jpg

So I made a spacer from a cut up gift card for the time being.
IMG-0854.jpg

And I have a working game again.

Anyhow, check your dongles people.
Same happened to me since the notch stopper is already crack or broken

你只需要用橡皮擦把金属铜的地方擦拭下就可以修复,完全不需要任何液体清晰,请注意这个是电子产品,液体清洁剂可能会对电路板造成不可逆转的伤害。

Back