What's new
Remember, if anyone else would like to contribute and add more Namco JVS I/O pcbs, please feel free to do so! :)

6CAC0854-BC6A-4A9C-B5FC-B540695E3084.jpeg

V291 XMIU PCB (Time Crisis 3 CCD V221 MIU Variant”)
Variant v221 MIU I/O pcb for Time Crisis 3 (Namco system 246). It’s most likely a rebranding of the Crisis Zone V221 MIU pcb, however, J6 is populated. Will work with Crisis Zone and Time Crisis 3. Not cross compatible with Vampire Night.

Great resource you put together brother. I wish there was something like this for the Sega IO boards......that talk about the different pin outs because I have no idea what plugs into them.
I am referring to CN1, CN2, CN7 & CN8.
Photo attached.

Attachments

• IMG_9397.jpg
    IMG_9397.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 136
Great resource you put together brother. I wish there was something like this for the Sega IO boards......that talk about the different pin outs because I have no idea what plugs into them.
I am referring to CN1, CN2, CN7 & CN8.
Photo attached.
Yeah, there needs to be one for SEGA and TAITO I/O boards as well but I’m strictly making this thread only for any Namco I/O pcb from any game. I still need to add a few.

In regards to the Namco V329 NA-JV I/O...

I have a Mario Kart Arcade Gp DX out of order because I have a coin 02 error. I have narrowed it down to the I/O board by swapping them between a set. Both of the I/O board had issues, but washing them in hot soapy water fixed one of them. (they ran last summer at an ocean location and got corroded over the years) my question is, do the surface mount transistors "blow" that are right above the 40 pin connector? I'm assuming they all correspond with different switch inputs.

Yes, they can in fact blow. There are some tiny components labeled “FL” which mean that they are a fuse. With a multi meter you can check if they are blown, I would check those first before checking the transistors.

Yes, they can in fact blow. There are some tiny components labeled “FL” which mean that they are a fuse. With a multi meter you can check if they are blown, I would check those first before checking the transistors.
Thank you very much for your quick reply! I will check them in the morning! What type of fuses are these called?

Any info on the V180 used in the Cyberlead cabs?
I know of at least 4 variants of this board:

8699014200 (8699011104) [CL1 I/OB] - Cyberlead JVS IO V1.02 (uses a separate LED board)
8699014200 (8699011104) [CL1 I/OC] - Cyberlead JVS IO V??? (uses a separate LED board)
8699014200 (8699011104) [CL1 I/OD] - Cyberlead JVS IO V??? (uses a separate LED board)
8903960302 (8903960302) [CLS1 AMI-B]- Cyberlead JVS IO V3.0 (acts as an integrated LED board)

I’m not exactly sure but if anyone else around here knows, hopefully they can lead you to the right direction. I’ll try to look for a part number :)

I can get some pictures of the cyberlead io, I have a couple. More than likely the CL 1 io. I also have the Marquee io from the cyberlead 2 which is the exact same as the JVS io with things changed between the two. I'll do my best to dig them out for y'all

I can get some pictures of the cyberlead io, I have a couple. More than likely the CL 1 io. I also have the Marquee io from the cyberlead 2 which is the exact same as the JVS io with things changed between the two. I'll do my best to dig them out for y'all
Please do! If you want to upload some high quality pictures that would be a blessing as well! Hopefully we can update this thread with more I/O boards and have it as a helpful tool for anyone out there :)

Thanks for putting this together. Didn't know there was a 2nd revision of RAYS pcb.
Had to put heatsinks on H4 chip on my 2nd board. 1st one I had - died without warning.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_w5xeDkx1s

This is what RAYS camera sees and the PCB analyzes.
The laser diode in the gun has a very narrow wavelength and there is a filter in front of the b/w camera, that allows only this wavelength to pass.
Then the PCB analyzes where is the dot. PCB can turn the LED on/off, so It can run init sequence to check which led is where (2 gun setup).

This setup allows guns to be used without the emitter frame or CRT.
Works with any projection TV or projector.
Does not work well with LCD TVs, because how multilayered screen reflects the laser confuses PCB logics.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this together. Didn't know there was a 2nd revision of RAYS pcb.
Had to put heatsinks on H4 chip on my 2nd board. 1st one I had - died without warning.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_w5xeDkx1s

This is what RAYS camera sees and the PCB analyzes.
The laser diode in the gun has a vary narrow wavelength and there is a filter in front of the b/w camera, that allows only this wavelength to pass.
Then the PCB analyzes where is the dot. PCB can turn the LED on/off, so It can run init sequence to check which led is where (2 gun setup).

This setup allows guns to be used without the emitter frame or CRT.
Works with any projection TV or projector.
Does not word well with LCD TVs, because how multilayered screen reflects the laser confuses PCB logics.
No problem! I have more pcbs to add but I have been drowning in projects to complete lol! The rays pcb does work on LCDs but there has to be no other source of light hitting directly on the screen or use a matte screen. The Rays camera is a Sony black and white CCD security camera with a IR lens filter.

While the RAYS pcbs are more “universal”, meaning that they will work with Vampire Night, Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, they do break easily. The TMIU/MIU/XMIU are far more reliable. They work almost the exact same way, except some games require a specific ROM and PLD chip to work.

While the RAYS pcbs are more “universal”, meaning that they will work with Vampire Night, Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, they do break easily.

For preservation purposes I have dumped the [JVS] protocol RAYS uses to speak with the main board.
When I didn't have replacement board - my idea was to make a replacement using OpenCV and one of the microPython powered MCUs, capable of running embedded OpenCV.
I got to the stage when the video (with the dot) is correctly analyzed and coordinates extracted, but then I found a replacement PCB and dropped the project.
Had to add inputs and outputs handling and it would be a finished replacement.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpfPEXcfk8

2022-08-16 01.32.17.jpg
2022-08-16 01.32.21.jpg

For preservation purposes I have dumped the [JVS] protocol RAYS uses to speak with the main board.
When I didn't have replacement board - my idea was to make a replacement using OpenCV and one of the microPython powered MCUs, capable of running embedded OpenCV.
I got to the stage when the video (with the dot) is correctly analyzed and coordinates extracted, but then I found a replacement PCB and dropped the project.
Had to add inputs and outputs handling and it would be a finished replacement.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpfPEXcfk8

2022-08-16 01.32.17.jpg
2022-08-16 01.32.21.jpg
Wow! Awesome work! :) that’s pretty genius!

No problem! I have more pcbs to add but I have been drowning in projects to complete lol! The rays pcb does work on LCDs but there has to be no other source of light hitting directly on the screen or use a matte screen. The Rays camera is a Sony black and white CCD security camera with a IR lens filter.

While the RAYS pcbs are more “universal”, meaning that they will work with Vampire Night, Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, they do break easily. The TMIU/MIU/XMIU are far more reliable. They work almost the exact same way, except some games require a specific ROM and PLD chip to work.

Necro thread, but ill try.
Is it possible to use V291 XMIU with Vampire night IF i switch the rom? I have one V291 XMIU that i can get a hold of and have one defective V221 TMIU.
The PLD has same Numbers. Anything else that is different?

Back