What's new
I just got a pair of Noirs as well so figure I'll add to this thread if that's ok. I run them in an arcade with ES3s. The GPUs were overheating and crashing the game so I 1) removed the top of the case of the ES3 and 2) added fans to blow more heat up the smoke stack. I'm using the existing empty fan headers of the ES3.

Attachments

• IMG_2322 Large.jpeg
    IMG_2322 Large.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2323 Large.jpeg
    IMG_2323 Large.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 76
  • B8B7482B-1EFB-44E9-94E3-57B35115C6C5.JPG
    B8B7482B-1EFB-44E9-94E3-57B35115C6C5.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 73
I just got a pair of Noirs as well so figure I'll add to this thread if that's ok. I run them in an arcade with ES3s. The GPUs were overheating and crashing the game so I 1) removed the top of the case of the ES3 and 2) added fans to blow more heat up the smoke stack. I'm using the existing empty fan headers of the ES3.
Cool! That's smart. I've been thinking about adding more fans to my setup, as well. Right now though the temperatures are very good with the swapped in/out parts so I'm going to see how it does before I make any more moves.

No major updates on my end! I cleaned out the inside of the top shelf and got it stripped all the way down to just be used as a shelf. It's really clean now!
Fx3YHYiWIAI9dqB.jpg

I did however throw these cute pacman statues on top. Couldn't think of a better place for them to live.
Fx5D1gOWYAAjS9p.jpg

Fx5D1gMXgAEkUvY.jpg

For next steps, I am going to likely put an ethernet passthrough in the rear of the cabinet. Right now it's running in through a hole in the carry handle on the bottom half of the cab. I'd like to clean that up a bit. There's a good chance I do an HDMI in/out at the same time, and maybe figure out how I can get a surge protector inside this guy..

For a surge protector for the monitor and PC, you could buy some IEC connectors and cut the end off a surge protector, solder on new connector and use the power cable you have in the cab already.

IEC connector

For next steps, I am going to likely put an ethernet passthrough in the rear of the cabinet. Right now it's running in through a hole in the carry handle on the bottom half of the cab. I'd like to clean that up a bit. There's a good chance I do an HDMI in/out at the same time, and maybe figure out how I can get a surge protector inside this guy..

Why not use the bottom access panel? That's what it's for.

Managed to get my 3d printer back up and running, and to match the mounting pattern of the Bana Passport reader. Working on a fun little project to replace it on the control panel. Will have more to show as I get farther on the project. 🥲

81A9B118-68B6-46E4-8075-2861908DAB3F.jpeg

Alrighty, so this is my solution to get back the buttons i'm missing with a 6 button layout.
photo_2023-06-14_11-57-06.jpg
My print sucks (sorry), but functionally it's going to be a huge add to the machine.
photo_2023-06-14_11-57-06 (2).jpg

I'm planning to get a better printer - maybe then i'll sell them or something.

Back