What's new

gamemaster14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a non working Namco System ES1 (A2) with Gundam Bonds of the Battlefield. System has green light on outside board and mother board, sits idle like that for a while, then just the psu comes on, no activity from either system fan. Anyone know what could be the problem here?

Also on a side note, the usb dongle, when plugged into a pc, comes up as unable to install drive, is that normal? Just wondering as I believe these are Linux based and I plugged it onto a windows pc. I had made images of my ps3 based namco dongles.

Never just randomly try and plug a dongle into a windows machine. Windows automatically tries to write system volume info to that drive when it connects. This breaks/wipes some dongles.

For your ES1, What i had before is that the motherboard was unaware of it's last power state so it stays off. The board is configured to start at AC Power loss, but when it forgets this, it will just stay off, you can unplug the header that also has the power switch on the board and manually start it with a screwdriver, it's the lowest 2 pins on the header. After that, plug the cable back in and the next time the ES1 will just start normally again.

Last edited:
hello it is possible to play without dongle inserted with some changes thanks

Back