What's new

Malenko

Professional
Reaction score
Guy I know converted his 18 wheeler to LCD, gave me the monitor. I decided to stuff it into a Dynaclone cab for my Naomi Netboot cab, but man, the convergence is borked. I can live with the screen burn, its not that noticable when the monitor is on, and i can tint the glass.

Now Ive read all you need is strips to put in the yoke, but I cant find details, part numbers, or pictures of where the strips go. Heres a good idea of what Im working with:

index.php

Last edited:
If the convergence is that bad chances are the yoke came loose at some point. Try to loosen it and move it around a bit while the monitor is on to try to make it better.

The yoke rings are out of whack. They're usually glued into place, but as the glue gets older it turns brittle and can flake off. Before you start doing anything drastic (like removing the yoke), try adjusting just the rings (for this you don't have to undo any screws!).

Good job, what did you end up doing? Just the rings?

Convergence strips are for fixing corners once you have the rest dialed in well. They're hard to find but there are home made solutions, just google around for yoke tabs, convergence strips, permalloy strips... all the same thing.

rings and geometry settings. Corners and edges are still bad but much better.

Back