What's new

mathieulh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Naomi2 recently, ever since I got it Naomi 2 games lock up, I replaced the fans and somehow the issue dissapeared...for a time, now it's back, no naomi game last 10 seconds on the attract mode before freezing, Naomi and Atomiswave games have no issue whatsoever, I checked the surface temps on the GPU, it never exceeds 37 degrees. what could be causing this issue? Is it something on the board or is it the PSU? (I am using a cooler master silent Pro 500W PSU RS-500-AMBA-D3 converted to JVS, could that be what's causing the issue?

Do I need to contact the vendor and try to get a replacement?

UPDATE: It's been actually working again now with no freezing for a few hours, all I had done was probe the power supply (to get voltage on load) and check the ram in the test menu. I am thinking it's either the JST connector that doesn't do proper contacts on the 3.3V pin or a capacitor that is faulty and needs to be charged to work properly.

update2: the unit locks up when playing naomi2 games if it's been turned off for a while. If I let it run a bit, for example if I go to the test menu and run a ram test, then it'll run naomi2 games fine until I turn it off for a few hours. I would assume that's caused by a faulty capacitor (correct me if I am wrong). I ordered a cap kit from console5.

Back