What's new

geert01

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys

I seem to have a weird issue with my naomi 2 board. I upgraded recently from a naomi 1 where the netdimm worked beautifully.
When I got my naomi 2 (latest multi bios inserted) I couldn't get it to boot. No image, no errors nothing. After replacing all the fans and desoldering the supercapacitor, it still wouldn't boot.

When i accidentally tried it without any board inserted, it suddenly booted to display error 01 game not supported (or something)

What could be wrong?

Seems you are having some sort of power issue.

Ah okay, so i should get my multimeter out. where should I measure what voltages?

Ah okay, so i should get my multimeter out. where should I measure what voltages?
12v on the yellow wires
5v on the red wires
3.3v on the brown wires
All measured against ground (white wires)

What PSU do you got? How many watts?

Its the original PSU that's in my Blast City, don't know the wattage, but I will measure the voltages when I find my multimeter in one of my moving boxes :P

Also are you running a JVS I/O converter through your JAMMA loom, or is your Blast already wired JVS? If running the Capcom I/O or similar over JAMMA, it's likely you're just lacking enough power. Best option in that case is buy a SUN PSU or hack up an ATX one. Most cabs don't have the oomph to power an I/O AND a DIMM setup.

Also, easy reference pinout:
http://i25.servimg.com/u/f25/15/75/27/77/naomi_10.jpg

Hmm:
5.1 volts, should be fine
3.3 volts, no problem here.
11.82 volts.... could be too low, but nothing strange in my opinion

Is a naomi 2 board that more powerdemanding then a naomi 1?

Ah okay, that makes sense.

I guess I'm gonna go look for a ATX PSU then ;)

I find the blast city with a 001 loom is fine for cart games but the netdimm is a bit demanding especially if your PSU has never been recapped. Atx or sun psu really is the way to go.

I have 2 blast city and I add atx power to make sure enough power to run my model 3 and namoi gd rom.

GKh0D
GKh0D
Something is working better then before.... ;)
In other words, thanks for the input guys!!

Attachments

• blastcity.jpg
    blastcity.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 100
Back