What's new
what does the dimm reset Column in the spreadsheet mean?
Stuff is scattered all over the place and not in great detail.
In terms of what game support linking it's all in my Omnibus NAOMI spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JWvoMhuFz2XXRWB6XPmE4k0Vkt2VYgUQ4K_61LXv6UA/edit?usp=sharing
most of the games that probably don't support it were never checked for linking options (those that have the linking field left blank) but I'd suspect all of the supported games are there.

Some of the games you have listed in your first post DONT actually support linking, they just support some kind of VS setup where 1 NAOMI shares 2 CRTs. I mean I guess they allow for daisy chaining JVS IOs, but that's something completely different and really should have it's own separately tracked list.

As for linking there's not much to it
1. install com board.
2. daisy chain NAOMI units together via optical cable (TX to RX in a loop just like older Sega Model system games)
3. enable options in game test mode, usually setting one unit to "master" and the rest as "slave" though the exact setting varies from game to game.

I think I got it. Yes means I can netboot a new game while another is running? In test means go to test mode then boot new game. No means have to reset the naomi. Blank means has not been tested?

I think I got it. Yes means I can netboot a new game while another is running? In test means go to test mode then boot new game. No means have to reset the naomi. Blank means has not been tested?
you got it

Tested a Dreamcast/Naomi emulator that recently supported Naomi comm board emulation
I'm still not sure it behave the same on real hardware, also flycast doesn't have comm board emulation, but tries to HLE it's firmware functioning, which is not same thing (and I've seen too much of differences "emulator VS real NAOMI", for example like gfx issues with this game depending on BIOS revision, which doesn't exists in emulators).
I'm more trust to game manuals, and btw, right now I see Alien Front service manual at ebay.
still curious if this game supports modem for internet features, which modem required, etc.
Rather dumb of me to confuse flycast's HLE firmware functions for emulation. The only game that doesn't work networked in Flycast is Mobile Suit Gundam : Federation Vs. Zion (black screen after the network check). I also didn't know about the BIOS dependent gfx glitches occurring on actual hardware.

Back