What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
Anyone have this file so I can get it burned to an eprom to change my cart to the unlocked version? I tried looking around, no luck so far.

If you are trying to unlock all of the characters without playing a billion hrs, you could try this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/562932-marvel-vs-capcom-2/cheats

Unlock all characters on the Naomi JP version

Go to game test mode, and do the following 3 moves.
Code #1Highlight "Sound Mode" and push the following buttons in order. LK HP A2 A1 HK LP
Code #2Highlight "Difficulty" and push the following buttons in order. HK HP A1 A2 LP LK
Code #3Highlight "Damage" and push the following buttons in order. LP HP HK A2 A1 LK

UnlockableHow to Unlock

Unlock Characters Faster

If you have the Naomi arcade version of MvC2, you'll need to wait for the characters to unlock either by waiting or by tripping the credits switch on the machine repeatedly. Alternatively, you can enter these hidden unlock codes to get the game ready for tournament play immediately. You need to do the codes in order, but if you're already on level 25 then you can just skip the ''jump to level 24'' step.
JUMP TO LEVEL 24 (unlock 16 characters)Enter Game Test Mode. Move cursor to Demo Sound. Press in order: Assist 2, Assist 1, Roundhouse, Fierce, Short, Jab. Exit Game Test Mode.
JUMP TO LEVEL 48 (unlock 8 characters)Enter Game Test Mode. Move cursor to Damage Level. Press in order: Roundhouse, Assist 2, Assist 1, Roundhouse, Fierce, Roundhouse. Exit Test Mode.
JUMP TO LEVEL 72 (unlock 8 characters)Enter Game Test Mode. Move cursor to Continue. Press in order: Jab, Fierce, Jab, Assist 1, Short, Fierce. Exit Game Test Mode.
JUMP TO LEVEL 84 (unlock 4 characters)Enter Game Test Mode. Move cursor to Difficulty. Press in order: Fierce, Short, Assist 1, Jab, Assist 2, Jab. Exit Game Test Mode.

UnlockableHow to Unlock

Does doing it like this save it? Or do you have to do it every time you boot?

I guess we need acblunden2. He offered to burn the rom for me then disappeared. it is a simple pinned rom swap, I just need someone to program the rom. Mistu has the chip, so just need the file. It has to be out there. I tried to extract roms from the bin but could not find a tool that could do it. I would assume anyone with a mvc2 cart would want to do this.

Does doing it like this save it? Or do you have to do it every time you boot?
yep, swap the rom then you have all the characters upon boot without having to do all the crap to unlock them.

Thanks XeD!

He wants to replace the eprom in an original cart to have all unlocked by default. If you burn the hacked eprom file to a 27c322 and install it in an original cart it achieves this. We just need the eprom file not the entire game.bin

Thanks XeD!

He wants to replace the eprom in an original cart to have all unlocked by default. If you burn the hacked eprom file to a 27c322 and install it in an original cart it achieves this. We just need the eprom file not the entire game.bin
Awesome!

Thanks XeD!

That is the eprom as its only 4mb. I have it on my 2 carts. If you havn't change cart since the eprom swap you will need to clear the memory for it to work

Last edited:
Thanks again guys! Installed this today and it works great.

Is there a download version of this that works for net booting?

Hey guys does the stock mvc2 cart have a 27c322 chip in it? Do you know if it is erasable?

There is one. I'm pretty sure I just used the one that was there.

Sorry for the necro bump, just wondering if I have the right file and if people have the same experience on their cart version vs their netboot version

I've burnt the ic22 file and I get all characters, but is it normal not to see the "Level 84" and "experience" points in the character select screen on the cart version?

NFWjVGtl.jpg

VS my netboot version which has the text at the bottom

LjfHErql.jpg

edit: just did a few more tests and found the following:

1. the no level/experience only occurred when I was in JPN mode on the Multi BIOS
  2. When in USA BIOS mode, LV 84 and EXP 033601 appeared
Of course this was cleared the moment you changed games, but that's the whole point of this particular file - so you don't have to re-do the codes again

Last edited:
Back