What's new

KOarcade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a full Naomi 1 Netdimm Setup that works with a RaspberryPi3 and everything works awesome, big thanks to all that helped with that. However, I have noticed that MvC2 JPN version is a bit of a challenge for me due to it only being in Japanese. I search the net and found about a multi-bios for Naomi's that offers the ability to change between regions by dip-switches on the filter board. Here is the site for reference. Link. This bring me to some questions:

1. Where can a person purchase this style of bios? Estimated Cost?
2. Will this work with a Naomi 1 Netdimm Setup?
3. So the multi-bios is controlled by the filter board's dip-switches 2 and 3 in the upper left-hand corner? Near the switch that controllers whether the Naomi does 480i or 480p, right? I'm I reading this correct?
4. Is there a main forum or site that is up-to-date on the Naomi Multi-bios? If so, please provide guidance for a fellow arcade lover.

Thanks again, I hope these questions will inspire the Naomi thread to grown even more and help other fill their curious minds like mine.

1) Here you can maybe find someone selling it, on ebay for sure
2) Yes, as long as the bios is compatible with the netdimm as the multibios is
3) You can't go wrong as Naomi filter boards has only 1x 4-dipswitches install
4) As far as I know there isn't any major improvement that can be done on Naomi's bios. Anyway, in my mind (as a beginner, anyway) there's no place better than here to get in-depth technical infos on arcade hardware

Thanks buddy,

I feel the same way about this place too. Everyone here is for helping. Thanks for your insight. I guess I might just see what the average cost in thru ebay.

Thanks buddy,

I feel the same way about this place too. Everyone here is for helping. Thanks for your insight. I guess I might just see what the average cost in thru ebay.
The bios can cost like ten dollars in ebay. I got mine there from a guy in the uk. Cheers.

there's two different versions of the multi-bios depending on what motherboard you have so you have to get the one for the motherboard.

Naomi 1 is "H".

Naomi 2 is "C".

If your in the UK I can do one for you at cost of an eprom & postage.

thanks I really appreciate all the great feedback and offers. I was all able to find someone local here in Michigan to care of it for me. thanks again

thanks I really appreciate all the great feedback and offers. I was all able to find someone local here in Michigan to care of it for me. thanks again
let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

Back