What's new
I see. I should try with Capcom i/o then.
Thank you and I will give a try.

Last edited:
That's not a jumper it's a dipswitch. And the jumper its likely referring to is the one on the Sega jamma io which needs to be in position A for the io header to be used as a kick harness connector.
Yeah, that's not a jumper you dipswitch!

:D

Please enter the JVS test of your NAOMI and take a picture of the screen which shows the IO capabilities and share it here.

Please enter the JVS test of your NAOMI and take a picture of the screen which shows the IO capabilities and share it here.
Its been solved by modified file from a forum member.
All caused by JVS I/O acknowledging wrong number of buttons.

Is it true those early revs were all in metal cases or should I be checking my pile of N1 boards?
Well this version is in metal:

IMG_2892.jpg

Can someone tell me what kind of IO board these are and how I would hook up my 4-6 buttons on it, I have a Capcom IO board and I just use my CPS2 harness for that. I read some Sega boards handle them over the jamma edge? Any help is greatly appreciated!

B711A111-1B4C-455B-9ADF-30C6B6C7B09B.jpeg

I can't say I've ever seen that IO board before.

where did you get them?
I haven’t bought them yet but a Chinese seller with Naomi and netdimms has them. I’ve tried asking him the same thing about the kick harness but there appears to be a language barrier.

I’ve tried asking him the same thing about the kick harness but there appears to be a language barrier.
well just looking at the pictures I see the JAMMA edge and I see the Analog input header, and I don't see any other connectors for a kick harness.

it might be those unpopulated headers along the top of the image but If I had to guess this is a CHAMMA device meaning buttons 4, 5, and 6 are on the JAMMA edge based on the position of filters. There's also no telling if this thing is lag city.

I mean if it's cheap I'd buy one just to learn more about it, but I don't think I'd run one of those on any of my cabs personally.

well just looking at the pictures I see the JAMMA edge and I see the Analog input header, and I don't see any other connectors for a kick harness.

it might be those unpopulated headers along the top of the image but If I had to guess this is a CHAMMA device meaning buttons 4, 5, and 6 are on the JAMMA edge based on the position of filters. There's also no telling if this thing is lag city.

I mean if it's cheap I'd buy one just to learn more about it, but I don't think I'd run one of those on any of my cabs personally.
$50 I think it probably does, I did read that some Sega IO boards use CHAMMA for 4-6. Are there any good alternatives to expensive Capcom/Sega IO boards?

Sega ones aren't expensive.

There's the Type 1 Naomi JVS IO 837-13551-92 and then there's the JVS to Jamma IO 838-13683-93 if you want a jamma edge. Both are fine for most things. They're like 50 bucks.

Sega ones aren't expensive.

There's the Type 1 Naomi JVS IO 837-13551-92 and then there's the JVS to Jamma IO 838-13683-93 if you want a jamma edge. Both are fine for most things. They're like 50 bucks.
Does the 838-13683-93 use a connector on the board for the kick harness or is that over the jamma edge?

Does the 838-13683-93 use a connector on the board for the kick harness or is that over the jamma edge?
from https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/JVS#Sega_838-13683-93:

Kick/Extra buttons
CN3 is a 14-pin JST_NH connector, when jumper JP1 in position B:

[*]5 buttons per player, all on jamma edge
[*]8 general purpose driver outputs on CN3

Jumper JP1 in position A:

[*]No general purpose outputs
[*]9 Buttons pr player, with buttons 6-9 via CN3:

1 - 5VDC Out
2 - 5VDC Out
3 - 5VDC Out
4 - P1 button 6
5 - P1 button 7
6 - P1 button 8
7 - p1 button 9
8 - p2 button 6
9 - p2 button 7
10 - p2 button 8
11 - p2 button 9
12 - GND
13 - GND
14 - GND

or if that doesn't speak to you, here's a picture:
93.jpg

or if that doesn't speak to you, here's a picture:
That picture is incorrect... the EXTIO header has buttons 6-9 and buttons 4-5 are on the JAMMA edge... just like the text you posted before the picture.

Despite that Sega IO having buttons 4 and 5 on the JAMMA edge that is NOT CHAMMA...

CHAMMA specificailly refers to JAMMA edges that have had one of the ground pins removed to make room for button 6. buttons 4 and 5 on the JAMMA edge are still within the JAMMA spec.

Thank you for this list, was trying to figure out why Tetris Kiwamemichi would not boot with my NNC's IO board but did with my Capcom Converter plugged instead. Turned out I unplugged the coin counter long ago and did not remember. I would have never thought about this, you saved me a lot of time. Thanks !

Last edited:
Back