What's new

pzlate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have a normal dimm running 4.02 and I only get a black screen when I have anything plugged into the scsi port. My Naomi has a multibios in it. I'm using a generic naomi psu (non sun) but I've seen it boot a netboot naomi so it should be sufficient.

With nothing plugged into the dimm I get Error 25
With my scsi cable plugged into the dimm and nothing else I get a black screen.
With my scsi cable plugged into the dimm and ide to cf reader I get a black screen.

I don't understand why I get a black screen with just the scsi cable plugged in though, shouldn't it just bring up error 25 again?

Maybe my SCSI cable or the top board in my dimm are bad?

Last edited:
are you using an actual SCSI cable or the sega cable- i HAVE run into SCSI cables that are wired for computer with combined grounds (even though this is not in spec) - if you use one of these you're likely to have major issues ... OR WORSE.

just my 2 cents.

Not using a sega cable. Are there any known good alternatives besides buying a gd rom scsi cable?

I opened up my scsi cable and I can see some very short runs of wires that might be jumpers, so you might be right about the combined ground thing.

Last edited:
Ideally, you want EVERY pin to be independent for what saga's doing.

PM sent btw

I no longer get a black screen when powering on, so you were right. Also, thanks for the SCSI cable.

I just get error 25 now when my cf adapter in in slave mode, black screen when it's master. So maybe I either got the wiring wrong or my cf adapter doesn't work with this.

I'm unsure about wiring your own cf adapter, but a black screen almost sounds like another shorting problem again... you might want to recheck your wiring..

the cf adapter shouldn't matter as it's not used for anything but a straight through connection...
the CF card itself - have you gone through the proper method to get the card ID with an IDE or PCMCIA connection, put the image onto the card using the correct method, etc?

maybe someone else with more experience with the homemade adapters can pop in and suggest something

I dunno what I did but it works now. I put my dimm back in the case and now it works.

e: jk it error 26'd one sec.

ok, maybe it's just being finicky because I don't have a Sun PSU, I've gotten it to attempt loading a game from CF 3 times, but every time it starts the load after a memory check it reboots and I get error 26

When I go into test mode it can see my cf game tho, so my cf works.

Last edited:
Error 26 is either a bad PIC or a bad write to your CF card.

I got the same exact error when burning a PIC with a bin given to me by a member here. Game loads, upon reboot, I get error 26. I compiled my own bin and the error went away after some trial and error. If you are following IcarusTech's instructions in Youtube, there are a couple of lines of code that you have to comment out that he doesn't cover. Here they are:

AKEYCODE, BKEYCODE, FILENAME and AIJYOANSWER

I think he only covers the AKEYCODE and BKEYCODE. I remember PM'ing Mitsurugi-w about this. But he just burns it from a saved bin. If you're not compiling your own bin file, PM me.

Error 26 is either a bad PIC or a bad write to your CF card.
I'm getting a new behavior with a different CF card now, it checks memory, loads, goes back to checking memory and loads again on a loop. e: Eventually after a while it'll just reboot to error 21... I'm using the .bins from neo-arcadia. on JP bios mode.

Also I decided to just solder directly to the scsi adapter board so no dealing with iffy jumper connections, much more consistent at getting it to boot. I still think my "cisco systems" cf cards are bunk and I might need to get a different brand.

One of my Cisco cards just does the reset to error 26, my sandisk cf card just loads forever. I've noticed on the one that loads forever the id was 3135, but when I click flash the box changes to 3035

Last edited:
Constant looping usually means the security code is wrong. It can also mean the game file is larger than your dimm memory. Going straight to error 26 without finishing the load usually means the card is bad.

You can send your cards to me to look at if you want. Just pay return shipping.

Constant looping usually means the security code is wrong. It can also mean the game file is larger than your dimm memory. Going straight to error 26 without finishing the load usually means the card is bad.

You can send your cards to me to look at if you want. Just pay return shipping.
Hmm, I should be good for CVS2 on my normal dimm with 2x 128MB dimms (even tried SFA3 which is like 50mb so that's not the issue). So it could be the security code, it does change from 3135 to 3035 when I click flash. Is there any way I can make it not do that?

I'm only able to write to the Cisco cards error 26ing using a usb reader, it would error out using my ide to cf so maybe they do have some kind of problem with them.

I might take you up on that when I get back, maybe after trying 1 more CF card brand.

Last edited:
Back