What's new
Hi all, apologies for my absence, I've been really busy of late, I've started a new job this year and have no time for dev work at the moment, hopefully things will settle down soon and I can release some more updates for WiPi I was working on and look at updating the image code to support the latest releases.
I used to do a lot of PHP development in my past career, I don't mind going through your code and cleaning up all the PHP warnings and submit PR into your repo. Is accepting PRs something you're open to accepting?

After 2+ years of the wipi netbooting working, I encountered an oddity, where once I re-booted I got into the Wipi right as the AP showed on my phone, quickly went over to a game, launched it, and it got 26% done, and the whole thing shut down, I see the Network Port light go out, and no activity on the other side, just a red light... (Ras-Pi4), it seems to run, turn the AP on, and then within 1-2 Minutes just turn everything off, and shut down... I need to drag a PC monitor over and see what it's doing, but it's super odd that it was letting me connect, log in, access the game list and then just power down... At first I thought the Pi was bad, now I'm going to re-flash the image to the SD, but I'm just stumped as if the SD got corrupted I would expect to see nothing if it couldn't boot. So super odd... (No I didn't have the Power Saver On, even if I did it should be 10 minutes not 2) super odd...

I'm still not 100% Certain, but a couple of things, when I had the issue initially I had patched the Pi to the latest version, When I then Re-Imaged the SD, from a download 6-1-4 I believe, I then tried to turn on both Open JVS, and Power Save, and it did the same thing (I also didn't have the O-JVS hat attached) I then re-imaged the SD a third time, this time left it at default and was able to get the game to load / run, which was my objective as I wanted to check out a new CP for a game. So I haven't gone back and tried either of those options to see if the issue returns, and possibly I should try one at a time. To see if I can find out which or neither is causing this.

Also I'm powering the PI, through the header Pins, so that may also be part of the issue, but like I said it's been fine for years... and is running like that again... and was able to upload the game using the header pins for power.

It's a good San-Disk CF, and The Pi is working well for now, as it was able to upload the file to the Net-Dimm, what the underlying issue is at this point I can't say. If I find it, I'll comment and someone familiar with the code can possibly look at it and see if it's an actual bug, or just me turning things on (JVS) that I don't have installed yet.

I do want to turn on the Power Saver, as I typically only change games right on startup, and I have a battery backup attached to the Net-Dimm that keeps the ram powered for up to a week without ac power (Motorcycle Battery with a step down converter from 12v - 7.2v, and an trickle charger so it can run indefinitely, just not more than 5-6 days without any AC) So having the Pi is really only for changing games.

If you restart the Pi and log in as root, you can run the "dmesg" utility to see what happened. If you had an SSH session open to the Pi, you'd see the shutdown command started. This happens when there's an under-voltage event and the system shuts itself down. The PWR LED should always be on. If it's not, the Pi is already running in under-voltage.

Back