What's new
That's how this runs, I can add in an additional option to support the time limit hack if it's requested
You might as well. This has just become the one stop shop of netdimm+pi builds :)

On a standalone pi I reimported the config and rom folders after rebuilding then imported the csv. Latest build looks great. Navigation via wifi is quick and everything is easy to get to.

Last edited:
Will be trying this out over the weekend, excited to see it in action. :)

I've got the time hack working, bit tricky as the original code just keeps the python script running and pings the dimm every 5 seconds which works but it means you can't load another game over the top because the dimm is still talking to the script running the current game. I've modified the launcher to record it's own PID in a text file and then the next game to be launched retrieves the previous one's PID and kills it. Took a while to get the logic right! I'll add in multiple dimm support before the next release, should hopefully have it ready by the end of the week.

New build finished, I've added the time hack support (which you can enable in Options) and multi dimm support. You can edit the list of dimms in 'Setup-Manage Dimms' and add a friendly name and an IP address for each one, if you only have one in the list it will default to 192.168.1.2 as normal. Add a second and a new menu item appears called 'Select Target', this lets you switch the active dimm that the netbooter will send games to. I've created this one as a separate image (v3) just in case there is an issue with it, I tested as much as I can but you may find a glitch somewhere!

If you are looking to test the multi dimm support I found I had to restart the Naomi (not the Pi) after changing the netdimm IP address in the Naomi test menu to get it working properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10SZIyt72dbqziHk0cNbZBUAgY7xKzRld/view?usp=sharing

Just reading through the thread, so the original adafruit 16x2 LCD won’t work?

Also nice work on including the virtual Zero PIC, could be helpful for those jumping in the action before they procure that chip.

I think by default it's set to the lcd, but it can be changed to the 16x2 by connecting to the Web version and changing a setting.

This uses a modified version of the original LCD plate version of the piforcetools, you need a 16 X 2 I2C LCD plate like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/172314127499
I was referring to this post. I have the original adafruit plate, and wondering if I’ll need to grab a new one (different pinout?). No biggie.

You should be fine, it uses the Adafruit Char Plate python library, I think most of the generic screens copied their design

How about to integrate OpenJVS? Is there anyone tried it with WiPi Netbooter?

Amazing work mate!

Just wrote the image and tested it out, flawless so far :) And major awesome its working on my 3B+

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but I cant get any games to load. Do we need a zerokey to use this?

My net-dimm is set to 192.168.1.2 and connected to my pi 3b+ using a crossover cable. If I choose a game, the loading bar gets to 100% and goes back to the games list. The naomi keeps blinking 'Checking Network"

Last edited:
That's weird, works with and without zero key, if you don't have one use the time hack in options. Are you using default settings or have you added multiple dimms?

Back