What's new
how to add controller config fiile for xbox 360 wiireless for example, via PC on sd card (W10) or down by wifi from menu?

so I made USB boot linux key, where can I paste outrun chihiro specific file and xbox wirelss command file? It's seems dev/input/event4 but I dont find it in sd card.

so I made USB boot linux key, where can I paste outrun chihiro specific file and xbox wirelss command file? It's seems dev/input/event4 but I dont find it in sd card.
Someone can help me I am in same states since 1 month ago.

So I always this error with OR2:

20210161.jpg

So my setting:

20210159.jpg

20210160.jpg

20210163.jpg

20210162.jpg

Have you set the controller for OR2 in OpenJVS mappings? The Chihiro message looks like your RS485 adaptor isn't being recognised or the openjvs process is not starting. Can you post an image of the launch screen for OR2? It should show what mapping file is in use.

Try changing the value to another colour like red or yellow to see if you get any change on the LCD
Has anyone official resolved this issue? I also can't find the piforcetools.py file with this new image so not sure where to even edit the appropriate file. Can someone tell me how to get the the file to edit since there is no piforcetools.py file that I can find?
Thanks.

Have you set the controller for OR2 in OpenJVS mappings? The Chihiro message looks like your RS485 adaptor isn't being recognised or the openjvs process is not starting. Can you post an image of the launch screen for OR2? It should show what mapping file is in use.
it seems base board witth usb faulty. I will change it.

Has anyone official resolved this issue? I also can't find the piforcetools.py file with this new image so not sure where to even edit the appropriate file. Can someone tell me how to get the the file to edit since there is no piforcetools.py file that I can find?
Thanks.
/sbin/piforce/lcd-piforcetools/piforcetools.py is the one that uses the LCD screen

/sbin/piforce/lcd-piforcetools/piforcetools.py is the one that uses the LCD screen
Thanks. To clarify; this file is not on the image (sd card itself) and you have to go into the Pi itself to modify this file? I can’t find it in the image itself for file directory - I need to go into the Pi itself and modify?

yes. that's it. you'll have to ssh WiPi and go to /sbin/piforce/lcd-piforcetools/piforcetools.py
So a bit of a specific question, but I ended up with a Adafruit LCD since I was going off the old tutorial before I found this thread. I'm never going to use it for this purpose AND I have an old RPi B+ lying around. I wanted to see if I could get this working without the wifi connection (since the B+ doesn't have onboard wifi) and just use the LCD instead.

From what I've read the B+ is set up differently so the it doesn't properly detect the LCD unless you modify some files but I can't figure out what file or how to modify it. I've actually tested the netbooting function and it boots fine and will start the previously played game but without the LCD, changing games would be hard or maybe impossible?

Can anyone point me what files I would need to change and how?

Thanks!

~Paik
I've found that the way piforcetools check for the LCD is completly dependent on the Raspberry revision:

# Determine hardware revision and initialize LCD
revision = "unknown"
cpuinfo = open("/proc/cpuinfo", "r")
for line in cpuinfo:
item = line.split(':', 1)
if item[0].strip() == "Revision":
revision = item[1].strip()
if revision.startswith('a'):
lcd = Adafruit_CharLCDPlate(busnum = 1)
else:
lcd = Adafruit_CharLCDPlate()
I was trying WiPi with a PiZero for a minimal installation, and found that the LCD wasn't working.
Well, the PiZero returns a '9' instead of and 'a', so the script got an error, as I don't know why, not an expert in Python, but it can't get the right I2C bus for the LCD.

I've added a pair of lines to the script, and now it works also on my PiZero

# Determine hardware revision and initialize LCD
revision = "unknown"
cpuinfo = open("/proc/cpuinfo", "r")
for line in cpuinfo:
item = line.split(':', 1)
if item[0].strip() == "Revision":
revision = item[1].strip()
if revision.startswith('a'):
elif revision.startswith('9'):
else:
lcd = Adafruit_CharLCDPlate()

In case you need them, here are the current revisions:

New-style revision codes in use:

Code Model Revision RAM Manufacturer
900021 A+ 1.1 512MB Sony UK
900032 B+ 1.2 512MB Sony UK
900092 Zero 1.2 512MB Sony UK
900093 Zero 1.3 512MB Sony UK
9000c1 Zero W 1.1 512MB Sony UK
9020e0 3A+ 1.0 512MB Sony UK
920092 Zero 1.2 512MB Embest
920093 Zero 1.3 512MB Embest
900061 CM 1.1 512MB Sony UK
a01040 2B 1.0 1GB Sony UK
a01041 2B 1.1 1GB Sony UK
a02082 3B 1.2 1GB Sony UK
a020a0 CM3 1.0 1GB Sony UK
a020d3 3B+ 1.3 1GB Sony UK
a02042 2B 1.2 1GB Sony UK (with BCM2837)
a21041 2B 1.1 1GB Embest
a22042 2B 1.2 1GB Embest (with BCM2837)
a22082 3B 1.2 1GB Embest
a220a0 CM3 1.0 1GB Embest
a32082 3B 1.2 1GB Sony Japan
a52082 3B 1.2 1GB Stadium
a22083 3B 1.3 1GB Embest
a02100 CM3+ 1.0 1GB Sony UK
a03111 4B 1.1 1GB Sony UK
b03111 4B 1.1 2GB Sony UK
b03112 4B 1.2 2GB Sony UK
b03114 4B 1.4 2GB Sony UK
c03111 4B 1.1 4GB Sony UK
c03112 4B 1.2 4GB Sony UK
c03114 4B 1.4 4GB Sony UK
d03114 4B 1.4 8GB Sony UK
c03130 Pi 400 1.0 4GB Sony UK

WOW I was using just the basic piforce and was thinking about how the hell I was going to mount the PI with the LCD screen to access it but no more
I will change over to this

Thank you to @chunksin @Murray and all others that made this possible
I am downloading the 64gb image right now

It would be awesome to be able to do this with other systems like the Namco 246/256 as well as the CPS2/F3/STV and others
Being able to just pull out your phone is awesome to having to fiddle with an lcd in your cabinet

Thanks again :)

OK I switched it over to connect to my home network
I can see it on the network but I cannot get to the web page using the ip address

Any ideas?

Hopefully it will get fixed as I would really like to just join it to the home network and access it that way

One thing I see when connecting it to my network is that one of the mac addresses on the pi gets assigned my gateway ip address and totally screws up my router until I disconnect the pi
Anyone see this?

Yes, that's how it behaves right now.
I have my main computer connected to my network with Ethernet, and when I'm on tests with WiPi, I activate my computers wifi, and connect to the WiPi network, so I can use both.
And that way I can ssh the WiPi.

Alright I fixed that
I disabled the Ethernet adapter so only wifi is active

I can now get to the game list on my phone connecting to the ip address pfsense assigns to the pi

OK now that I can get the game list loaded I just tried to load a game onto the Naomi and the progress bar goes to 100% but nothing happens on the Naomi
I am using a crossover cable
This used to work with the original piforce

What could I not have setup properly?

You have the same IP selected on the Naomi and Wipi?

Back