What's new
extremely n00b question, but is it possible to use the build in the OP with a non-wifi based Pi loader for Naomi 2? Basically, I want to use this version as it has the loading times reduced etc, but my Pi is one of the old ones with the basic LCD screen. Will it still work if I install this ver?

First post…

I've ported my previous WiFi netbooter image, a rewrite of devtty0's work to DietPi so it's now compatible with Pi 3B, 3B+ and Pi 4 with integrated support for both 16x2 LCD screens and 480x320 3.5 inch touchscreen LCDs.

Is there any way it might be possible to integrate high score saving across games via the Pi at some point in the future? I wondered if if might be possible for the Pi to write to whichever file contains the hi-score data whenever it loads in a cart, but I suspect it's not technically possible. it would be a killer feature for the shumps on the system.

On line score boards would be possible, just posted to and accessed via the Pi but not with any interaction with the games themselves

Last edited:
Been hard at work for the last month or so on some updates to the card reader emulator:

New mode that runs the emulator script from boot and allows you to insert a card at any time
Card printing in the interface for Initial D, ID2 and ID3
NFC card support for card saves - this requires an ACR122U reader and NTAG215/216 cards
Game transfer to other supported WiPi setups using the NFC cards which means you could run this at home or in an arcade with no access needed to the web interface

I realise this is pretty niche and won't be useful for everyone, let me know if you'd like to see a full release for these updates. It started as a coding challenge for myself and became quite the beast! Next up will be card printing support for F-Zero AX.

Massive thanks to @winteriscoming for the inspiration and assistance with getting this up and running :thumbsup:

This is so cool - and it supports NFC... amazing!

When you support WMMT2 I will overhaul my setup and get it going!

Matt

Love it, thank you very much. Using it to play Mario Kart GP in my Outrun 2 twin. It's very comfortable to use my tablet starting the game on both Triforces using 1 Raspberry connected to the cab's internal network hub.

Now trying to get the card reader running which fails. Guess this is caused by my cable. Getting this error when creating a card from WiPi Netbooter:
"No serial adapter detected
Please check connections"

Maybe somebody has an idea what I did wrong:
I've used the image and cabling instruction from Github. Connected to the Raspberry USB Port is a Trendnet TU-S9 to RS232 male cable. From there goes a cable with a RS232 female to JST NH 8 port plug with following pinout:
RS232 female -> JST NH 8
1 -> NA
2 -> 4
3 -> 5
4 -> NA
5 -> 3
6 -> NA
7 -> 7
8 -> 6
9 -> NA

That worked, thanks a lot. I can now start the game with card reader and create a card on WiPi Netbooter without an error (but can't see it after creation), but having following error on top left within the game:
Card readers are not functional

Maybe worth to mention that I am using the Triforce 1 with the modified Mario Kart game. It should support cards but don't know if it cause any troubles anyway.

For the AIO downaload, the link and instructions say to extraxt the .img file, but there is no image file in the AIO download link? I downloaded 14 different 2GB sized files, but none of those were .img files?

It's a multipart zip archive, use 7zip to extract it - install 7zip then open the .7z.001 file, that will show a single img file which you can then extract and write to an SD card

Last edited:
It's a multipart zip archive, use 7zip to extract it - install 7zip then open the .7z.001 file, that will show a single img file which you can then extract and write to an SD card
Im not sure what I'm missing here, but 7z says it cannot open the .001 file as an archive, so I can't see any img file.

Do I have to combine the files somehow first?

Im not sure what I'm missing here, but 7z says it cannot open the .001 file as an archive, so I can't see any img file.

Do I have to combine the files somehow first?
Download them again. One by one. Do not let google zip them or som s**t like that. Them open there 001 file in 7zip and it should unzip it and continue with 002, 003 and so on automatically..

Downloading each one individually worked, and I got the image written. However when I go to push a game from my phone it said there are no dimms available for the file/game. The video preview works and the games are all listed, I just get that dimms error. :/

So did you set up the IP in the DIMM and WiPi setup?
Are you using a crossover network cable?

So did you set up the IP in the DIMM and WiPi setup?
Are you using a crossover network cable
I should clarify, I'm just upgrading the image on a working netbiot set up already. Yes to the crossover cable. I did not mess with the ip address, since I was previously using a wi pi image. I popped my old sd card and it worked again, so I suspect it's something wrong with the image somehow.

That's a cool feature, i didnt know about it. But nope, it doesn't find the dimm, so progress!

edit: It probably would help if I read the damn instructions...it does state how to add a dimm etc. Will try again in the morning and report back! Thank you all for your help troubleshooting

Last edited:
Back