What's new
Want To Buy

theoddtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently caught the naomi bug and got a naomi2 with a netdimm while I was vacationing in Tokyo last week. It works fine I guess in my Neo Geo MVS-U4/29, but I'd love to get it into a dedicated cab, and maybe get one of those S-JIHP once I do so I can set up racing controls (Initial D 3 was my life for a while). That said, if someone has a standing naomi driver I might be up to trying to make that switchable with a regular CP so I can still get my SF3 and MVC2 on.

I'm in Los Angeles, and I'm happy to drive/work with someone to ship.

Seemingly the Net City standing cab is effectively the same thing, updated the title.

Just some info to help you in your search. the "standing" version is referred to as an "upright", and they made both the Net City and NAOMI universal with upright variants.

the most significant difference between the Net City and NAOMI Universal is the monitor, the Net City has a tri-sync while the NAOMI Universal is 31K (VGA) only.

the NAOMI Universal Upright was sold officially in the USA for Virtua Tennis and Virtua Tennis 2, as well as variants for Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker. American versions tend to have the coin slot on the control panel blocked off with a standard American style coin door in a metal box between the control panel and the base, while the Japanese uprights will retain the coin slot in the control panel and have a chute that drops the coin from the control panel down into the cashbox in the base.

I would recommend getting in touch with @KC, he often has stuff like this for sale in his warehouse.

I've seen OutRun 2 on this side of the pond as well. In red of course.
I've seen lots of other variants here too, the real question is where they distributed by Sega of America or were they imported gray market? The former will be straight forward to find, the latter you might spend years searching and turn up nothing.

Back