What's new

TheCrow

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have some JEDEC chips that I need to read and write to them they are d27c010 , when I looked them up i found out that the pinout is different on them, two pins to be exact
707E86A1-C5CC-48CE-AC01-A952DB1266C8.jpeg

I tried lifting the pins and switching them using wires on the zif socket but won’t read , I’m using a tl866cs , Please help I have a king of dragons I want to fix

I have done this using the pin swap method you described, but not on that exact programmer. It should work in theory.

I have done this using the pin swap method you described, but not on that exact programmer. It should work in theory.
I tried another eprom from a street fighter 2 cps1 pcb with the same method and it gave me data but when searched the file using rom ident it say no match found

I've used an adapter with a TL866 successfully. I put two sockets on top of each other and jumped the two connections.

I think I remember @pacoarcade selling actual adapters? I suggest getting one.

I've used an adapter with a TL866 successfully. I put two sockets on top of each other and jumped the two connections.

I think I remember @pacoarcade selling actual adapters? I suggest getting one.
I have used this method with another eprom and I got data , should i do something to the code or is it correct as it is , because when I tried to find it using romident is said no match found ,
Thank you

Thank you all guys , I’ll be making an adapter for it

I have used this method with another eprom and I got data , should i do something to the code or is it correct as it is , because when I tried to find it using romident is said no match found ,
Thank you

What eproms are you trying to read? Upload the data somewhere and post the link here.

@TheCrow, I guess you mean World Warrior?

I have an original WW here. On my board, 32 to 34 aren't populated. Looking at pics online, that seems to be the norm. The parent set (sf2.zip) in Mame is also the same.

Can you take a pic of the board you have?

Just looking at the data with a hex viewer, it looks OK? I think your adapter is working fine.

@TheCrow, I guess you mean World Warrior?

I have an original WW here. On my board, 32 to 34 aren't populated. Looking at pics online, that seems to be the norm. The parent set (sf2.zip) in Mame is also the same.

Can you take a pic of the board you have?

Just looking at the data with a hex viewer, it looks OK? I think your adapter is working fine.
I’m sorry it’s wold warrior I got mixed up between them , but why the file doesn’t show up in romident , I’m just curious if the rom is bad or they wrote the wrong data on it because it’s not the original eprom that came with pcb it’s a replacement

It doesn't show up in romident, because the data you're trying identify doesn't exist in Mame. There could be a number of reasons for it. That's why I suggested to take a picture of the board.

This is the quick adapter I made using two stacked sockets, just bend the two legs of the upper socket for the pins that need to be swapped and wire them to the legs of the lower socket. It worked fine in my TL866, you just have to ignore the chip ID as it will be wrong.

IMG_3116.jpg

This is the quick adapter I made using two stacked sockets, just bend the two legs of the upper socket for the pins that need to be swapped and wire them to the legs of the lower socket. It worked fine in my TL866, you just have to ignore the chip ID as it will be wrong.

IMG_3116.jpg
Yep, exactly what I made for my top3000 for fixing MVS carts.

IMG_3116.jpg
Thank you 😊 I’ll be making one

It doesn't show up in romident, because the data you're trying identify doesn't exist in Mame. There could be a number of reasons for it. That's why I suggested to take a picture of the board.
13B51521-D926-4EB6-9932-D1D394DF2C4A.jpeg

Ignore the green labels I’ve used them to know where the placement of the roms,
61C2BEF6-2E11-4921-9A04-F22A3014F625.jpeg

Back