What's new

Coyo5050

Professional
Reaction score
picked up a gun board awhile back and forgot about it. Did i get the right one for Naomi gun games? It doesnt have any part numbers on it but it looks to be this one from looking on line at pics.
838-14465R03.
here is a pic from online first and then a pic of mine (mine has a white sticker that says OMC-GZH200 OHMIC.Co.Ltd ohmic@ff.iij4u.or.jp)

Attachments

• images-768x922.jpg
    images-768x922.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 20170520_004132-768x1024.jpg
    20170520_004132-768x1024.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I have that one in my Maze of the Kings cab, so yeah, that's the correct one.

yours doesn't look like the official Sega one, but it should still work.

OMZ is the company that designed and manufactures these boards. They made and re-branded them for Sega, but there were a few other games that used the "OMZ" branded boards such as Time Crisis 4 and Lethal Enforcers 3. Maybe some of the later Sega games (lindbergh/newer) were OMZ branded but the NAOMI era ones were not.

but it doesn't matter, all of them are cross compatible and have the same pinout, so you're good. newer board revisions seem to be more reliable anyway.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like this should work with some of the lindbergh games too then. I have emitters with cables and gun board with cables, now i think i only need guns. Anyone have guns to sell? :)

Careful with this tracking bd. Make sure you are using the Sega Gun Input Protection Bd or at least fuse protect the tracking bd 12vdc input at 1/2amp (500ma) fast blow. If your guns damage this one, it can brick it really quick. I can fix 99% of the 1st and 2nd gen units. On these 3rd gen ones I see as many as 50% with bad microcontrollers (non sourceable part).

Careful with this tracking bd. Make sure you are using the Sega Gun Input Protection Bd or at least fuse protect the tracking bd 12vdc input at 1/2amp (500ma) fast blow. If your guns damage this one, it can brick it really quick. I can fix 99% of the 1st and 2nd gen units. On these 3rd gen ones I see as many as 50% with bad microcontrollers (non sourceable part).
is 3rd gen lower quality if u see 50% with bad micro?

Any suggestions on a good gun to try to find and buy?

Last edited:
i also have a 838-13143-03 board and the protection board along with it. Is that board going to be useable seems like i am reading it might only work with lost world? I think protection board should be ok tho?

i also have a 838-13143-03 board and the protection board along with it. Is that board going to be useable seems like i am reading it might only work with lost world? I think protection board should be ok tho?
any board will work with any game

however the early gun tracking boards that came with the lost world require 12 led emitters while the later revision boards can use 10 or 12.

if the board has a "JUL <=> HOD" switch that means it can be used with 10 or 12.

it does have that jumper so if that means i can use 10 than i am ok then phew.

Back