What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight, deal fell through, cause you know its he's item so he has the final say in the end. And you are getting money back from shipping right? And you never paid for cab? Lmao come on man! Move on , Deals fall through all the time welcome to this hobby.

To be fair, OP put in a bunch of prep work beforehand to show Tony that he's fully committed to the purchase.

It's similar to a situation where I drive from 3-4 states away to buy a cab, then the guy says "Oops, I changed my mind." It's a big F you to the face, but it is what is is.
I don't think sending a couple emails to Beltmann is quite the same as driving a few states away. 10 minutes of your time, plus money held on a credit card for a week or two is not quite the same as being out a day's travel and several hundred in gas.

I still agree it's awful business, but you're comparing apples and oranges here.

I don't think sending a couple emails to Beltmann is quite the same as driving a few states away. 10 minutes of your time, plus money held on a credit card for a week or two is not quite the same as being out a day's travel and several hundred in gas.

I still agree it's awful business, but you're comparing apples and oranges here.
Yeah, I realized I made a bad comparison now. Sorry, my bad.

So countless negative reviews, threads, posts, discords about certain individuals backing out/charging back purchases wasn't enough to proceed with a $4k+ transaction across the country huh??
If so, I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona!

@oscaraxl

I would recommend you taking this thread down.

It has “premature ejaculator” written all over it.

And you will get every cent back from Beltman. I use them all the time.

I won’t hold it against you but this thread hanging out isn’t a good look for you after jumping the gun and sharing his personal info.

Looking forward to your normal posts after this

I feel like it's a bit of an exaggeration to assume op intentionally doxxed Tony.

That said op is out cash (for now) and time and Tony backed out of a deal last minute that was planned over multiple days and conversations.

OP doesn't look great because he lost his cool. Tony doesn't look great because he's flaky.

The only real lesson to be learned is don't deal with Egrets. Buyers are too emotionally invested and sellers are all cock teasers.

I wouldn't be hot on 4K paypal gift to anyone. And you're gonna get 1099d anyway with the new IRS rules most likely. If you've owned the cab a while and did 100 percent honest taxes, you'd still only owe taxes on your gains.

I wouldn't be hot on 4K paypal gift to anyone. And you're gonna get 1099d anyway with the new IRS rules most likely. If you've owned the cab a while and did 100 percent honest taxes, you'd still only owe taxes on your gains.
I kindly disagree.

I’ve seen good sellers over the years get screwed over by buyer deadbeats.

Let’s say they necked a monitor taking it out and wanted to claim it was your shipping error. Theirs too much risk and fees associated with a buyer claim especially with 30 year old electronics.

The trick is too insure your shipment with your courier and have a test ready when they roll it off the truck.

Do your research on your sellers beforehand. The seller fees and liabilities are PayPal’s problem.

I’ve seen good sellers over the years get screwed over by buyer deadbeats.
And I've been that seller; my ebay account is like 21 years old or something. I've been through more user agreements and disputes than I can recall, but, as someone who does legitimate business, fees are my problem; you agree to pay them for accepting PayPal for a business transaction. I know the arcade community ignores this and does gift payments, and I play along mostly, or I just add way more than enough to cover the fees.

I know you kindly disagree and that's fine, I am not trying to create unnecessary risk for any honest seller. However, there is no way will I ever send someone I don't know face to face a gift payment of that amount. It's foolish. Especially if their main reason is dodging taxes.

I insure everything I send. I -am- responsible for loss or damage in shipping. Period.

Right also he agreed on the booking and to to be paid once picked up by the carrier, it's on the chats.

Sending $4k to someone you don't know as gift it's totally ridiculous without any protection or coverage.

Glad that the deal didn't work for the better, probably I would loose $4 by now plus the booking fees.

Right also he agreed on the booking and to to be paid once picked up by the carrier, it's on the chats.

Sending $4k to someone you don't know as gift it's totally ridiculous without any protection or coverage.

Glad that the deal didn't work for the better, probably I would loose $4 by now plus the booking fees.
So no update? CRST and its subsidiaries do not have today off.

This forum is better than this. Both parties here fucked up and it has nothing to do with the rest of us. Leave it alone already.

be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpeg

@Joko3 I think its really frustrating to drag someone through the mud and make false claims against them, then not show proof to said false claims and disappear.

We can't allow people to keep doing this.
Whether he paid a freight deposit or not is pretty much irrelevant. You're a time waster, that was pretty clear from the screenshots. Let it go...

Cmon man, you asked to be paid gift to avoid taxes; is that screen shot fake? That's a lot worse than posting a telephone number if you want to get into legal BS.

Or you can just let it go...

Cmon man, you asked to be paid gift to avoid taxes; is that screen shot fake? That's a lot worse than posting a telephone number if you want to get into legal BS.

Or you can just let it go...
As if no other sellers follow this practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back