What's new
I have to admit while reading the last page of posts on the original thread, that I felt as if it was about to descend into chaos - even if it wasn't the intention.

The sudden lock brought that possibility to a sudden halt, before it could even get started.

I have to admit while reading the last page of posts on the original thread, that I felt as if it was about to descend into chaos - even if it wasn't the intention.

The sudden lock brought that possibility to a sudden halt, before it could even get started.
I think that often it would be better to deal with the offending/offensive party (in this case the one throwing out attacks) and leave a thread open, rather than shut it down entirely.

Regardless, maybe like @bagheera369 said there should be some clarity in what certain usergroups can/cannot do and the intention of the role.

And feel better @Mitsurugi-w . Nothing sucks as much as throwing up.

The thread was closed because the OP requested it. However, no posts were altered in the slightest as good points were made.

In my opinion it will be very hard to get this project done. It is very expensive and are there even enough machines out there that need it to justify the costs? I think if this gets done it's definitely at a financial loss.

There may be other ways of making a replacement besides injection molding but most collectors will only accept the original process. Regardless Hursit has said that if it's not injection molded then all money will be refunded.
I think there is plenty of market for these. And i also agree that unless done with original materials and exactness surrounding minute details or at least close (milling seems odd) it usually heavily detracts from interest and quality and recent art offerings for egret show this.

It is tough to take criticism, but it should never be met with backlash or negativity, especially when it is constructive and meant to help improve.

Milling makes a lot of sense to me. If done correctly you would have a difficult time spotting the difference imo. I'd still prefer to mold them, however.

I wonder if Hursit would license the CAD if this doesn't pan out?

I would be in for 20- *if* - I knew what the final product would look like. The snag is- I'm sitting back waiting to see as I've played with these things a number of times in the last 2ish decades I've had them. I've messed with OEM, blank, reproduction, 3d printed, screen printed, vinyl overlay, adhesive sticker. They all have some pros and cons.

For me to jump in- I'd need to see the final artwork. I'd also love to see what the plastic might turn out like. No judgement on anybody involved- it's just a little difficult to make the choice just yet. If I grab 1-2 as a trial- what if they're good and I need more and cannot get them (nothing will match)? If I grab 20+- what if they're not?

Manufacturing is pricey- so as far as the price goes- I'm good with it- if it meets expectations.

Maybe have a lesser option where you can sell blanks? I know people would love to have that option.

I'm keeping an eye on it. If things don't pan out- I appreciate the effort that went forward. I know where at least 6-8 E2s are that don't have anything and I know there are probably other people with cracked/missing translites. Would be cool to see a solution pan out!

Maybe have a lesser option where you can sell blanks? I know people would love to have that option.

What are people wanting with blank ones?

That being said, in the old thread, I did suggest doing them at only say $100 to sell more and make the minimum to start at 300, maybe more people would jump in with a lower risk.

Ugh, even with your 20, we'd be pretty far from starting this one, looks like back to square one.

Yeah, but like, it's blank. I mean, I guess that's better than a big hole, but... not $250 better than a big hole!
Sure, but if people are already putting stickers or screen-printing onto blanks to make E2 panels, then some other folks can take up the call to do the same on E3/AWSD owners if the blanks were available.

I also think that you'd be looking at a lower price blank than screenprinted on. Or at least I'd hope so.

P-47 looks great though, ha.

Just got my refund today. I'm gonna assume this project is a bust (and will most likely never be touched again).

Milling makes a lot of sense to me. If done correctly you would have a difficult time spotting the difference imo. I'd still prefer to mold them, however.

I wonder if Hursit would license the CAD if this doesn't pan out?
@hursit Thoughts?

Just got my refund today. I'm gonna assume this project is a bust (and will most likely never be touched again).

Well, no one followed through after saying "shut up and take my money!".

Kudos to @hursit for trying and actually refunding the money when promised.

@Derick2k can learn a thing or 2 from this chap. i.e. how not to steal from the community.

@Derick2k can learn a thing or 2 from this chap. i.e. how not to steal from the community.
He's not going to learn much while people continue to hand him money and/or let him work on projects, that's for sure...

Back