What's new

xb74

Grand Master
Reaction score
I know of the NTM repro but has there been any work put into a more widely available repro board?

Is this on anyones radar as a project at all?

1622010639105.png

I translated the schematic into KiCad, but as my MVS has no output port to multiplex the controllers I didn't go further.

https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=NEO-FTC1B_board
(I only looked at the controller stuff, not the video amplifier.)

Edit: MVS-Scans has some good pictures:
https://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/NEO-FTC1B

I would probably try to integrate it with a supergun - but as only one game uses it I don't know how much demand there is...

@totologic does neotris work with this?

Edit: Thoughts for supporting this on MVS that don't have the output port:
- directly solder to the NEO-D0 on the motherboard
- mod board that snaps onto the CPU, similar to https://www.neogeofanclub.com/projects/neobiosmasta-vmc
- mod board that solders to the back of the prog connector
- add the connector to the prog board of a game that supports 4 player

Last edited:
If I really wanted to I could just buy a 1B board ...
There is not much to it, you can translate Furrtek's schematic into KiCad, and then layout it. Let me have a look tonight if I can find the stuff I have so far.

If I really wanted to I could just buy a 1B board ...

Of course. I just have extras I have no use for!

EDIT:

I would probably try to integrate it with a supergun - but as only one game uses it I don't know how much demand there is...

Personally, I would like to see a board that handles the 3P and 4P controls, passthrough for everything else. I have enough gear to split video and audio already. My 2p.

Last edited:
Of course. I just have extras I have no use for!
Let's see if we can do a trade.

Personally, I would like to see a board that handles the 3P and 4P controls, passthrough for everything else. I have enough gear to split video and audio already. My 2p.
This is what I came up with. Pass-through for Jamma, P3 and P4 on DB15. Some extra headers to allow some extra wiring options. I probably missed a few things, as I had to move things around from the old project... (EDIT: Yes, I have quite a few fixes already. Sigh. Always immediately after posting something,)

And can someone confirm what is going on in the circled areas?
1622660058406.png

Edit: Updated schematic with CRE401 replacement. Can someone confirm the capacitor value? I get ~35pF

Edit: Sigh, I noticed the inputs are out of order. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Attachments

• MVS-4P-split.pdf
    180.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Complete layout (for now):
1622892237975.png

It is quite likely that I've forgotten something. I'll stare at it for a few days before I order it, and I'll try to get a few measurements of the JAMMA edge as well.

All signals except for the controller get passed through to the bottom edge. Player 3/4 go to the IDC connector and the DB15 connector, Player 1/2 go to the bottom edge.

Super excited for this!
Thankyou for the wotk and enthusiasm you have shown toward this!

Back