What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been addressed but I'm wondering how pre-orders will be addressed. Will you go down the interest list post and message each person maybe 50 people at a time and give them 2-3 days to make the purchase? Then go to the next 50 or so? Or will it be a free for all? I'm saying this because I live in a different time zone like others and I was on the preorder interest list kinda early and I don't want to miss my chance as I have been following this since it's inception. I know you are busy but I think this is something that needs to be addressed fairly. Thanks.
that's the plan. I have a more or less complete list, so these people will be contacted and will have 2-3 days to make their purchase. After that it will go to next person.
Hope I made it onto the list already! :) Very excited!

everyone who ask know if he on the list, jumps automatically on the end of the List!

everyone who ask know if he on the list, jumps automatically on the end of the List!
tumblr_lpzg6qGDxy1qcs1kh.gif

Man, I can't wait for this to happen.

I was a poor kid who only played the Arcade games back in the day.
A NEO was out of reach when food was important.

That being said, studying hard, getting a Computer Engineering Degree along now with some different certifications means I can finally own one.
And that happened over the summer in anticipation of this flash cart.

I'm an old fart now, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.
Really happy about all the work being done and future features.

Thanks again for making something unattainable possible!

@Darksoft have you considered reaching out and selling units to Stone Age Gamer? Not that I don't think these won't sell, I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes. I only mention this because Stone Age Gamer is really the go to everdrive purchasing store other than through krikzz themselves. They sell all sorts of retro gaming stuff.

I've bought a few everdrives from them, and they'll "doll up" the package if you want, like add a case for the cart, print out a cover, include an SD card.

Just a thought, I really would like to see this project do well and distributing to a site like stone age gamer could get a lot of units moving out there.

Stone Age Gamer marks up products too much. It's shameful. I refuse to buy from them because of this.
As well, they are more of a console product dealer rather than arcade.

I like paradise, if they put a bit more effort into packaging care, but in terms of prices they are pretty decent.
I've also had no problems with their service, and meeting Brian in person at Evo, you can tell he's genuinely passionate about arcades and servicing enthusiasts with their needs. My vote is for PA.

I don't know if this has been addressed but I'm wondering how pre-orders will be addressed. Will you go down the interest list post and message each person maybe 50 people at a time and give them 2-3 days to make the purchase? Then go to the next 50 or so? Or will it be a free for all? I'm saying this because I live in a different time zone like others and I was on the preorder interest list kinda early and I don't want to miss my chance as I have been following this since it's inception. I know you are busy but I think this is something that needs to be addressed fairly. Thanks.
that's the plan. I have a more or less complete list, so these people will be contacted and will have 2-3 days to make their purchase. After that it will go to next person.
does this list is the one on the preorder interest or there is another list?

They said it couldn't be done! So excited for this.

Thank you Darksoft for your hard work!

@Darksoft have you considered reaching out and selling units to Stone Age Gamer? Not that I don't think these won't sell, I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes. I only mention this because Stone Age Gamer is really the go to everdrive purchasing store other than through krikzz themselves. They sell all sorts of retro gaming stuff.

I've bought a few everdrives from them, and they'll "doll up" the package if you want, like add a case for the cart, print out a cover, include an SD card.

Just a thought, I really would like to see this project do well and distributing to a site like stone age gamer could get a lot of units moving out there.
Like they do with their everdrives? They charge you $40+ for a plastic case and some stickers that cost them no more than $2 USD. I don't think so.

Darksoft - absolutely amazing work. So grateful that there are so many people in the community both capable and willing to take on projects like this.

Couple of thoughts regarding the menu:

- Maybe use a different graphic above the actual scrolling select graphic. They are current the same game name graphic, which isn't really needed. How about a screen shot at the top?
Maybe the top section is made a bit larger vertically and you split it in half (side by side) and use it for the box art and a screen shot?
- +1 for sorting capability. A favorites toggle would be awesome as well.

Please continue to design it in a 4:3 aspect. I'm sure you will... : )

Stone Age Gamer sells the base model Everdrive for the same price as Krikzz, but they also offer "gussied up" versions for a few extra $$$.

Despite whatever your personal shopping preference is, I'm looking at this from a strictly buisness stand point, more traffic to a product means more money, more money means more people can get the product faster who want it, which also means less potential for scalpers.

More money for Darksoft means more capital for him to manufacture more units and do other amazing projects later on.

if I had a video game store / site of my own, I'd have already begged Darksoft to let me retail them... But I'm just a gamer who loves to see people who add amazing value to the community and hobby I enjoy, like Darksoft, succeed in their endeavors as much as possible.

We as community members can do that by offering our constructive criticism for improvement, spread the word and buy the product.

I'm just trying to drum up ideas for spreading the word more.

I've found this video form Arcade Otaku forum, the UI is pretty clean and neat.
That was made by Razoola. It's what he believes a game select menu should be like. (and we have to admit it looks damn good)

So it is a POC/Tech demo, as the youtube video title states.

let's keep in mind that the "dislike button" IS NOT a "disagree button"

Save it for "inappropriate behavior"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back