What's new
USB sticks are so much cheaper than CF cards at this point too.

Long overdue update. See second post for notes and info.

The orangepi image that reads game bins from a USB stick is now up.

If there is interest in continuing development on the raspberry platform, let me know and I'll add it to the list of projects. The USB bus on the pi0 was just way too unstable. And an orangepi is not that more expensive, and includes a built in NIC and USB slot. The price I don't think increases and might decrease depending on where you purchase from.

I have a netdimm with version 2.13 and 3.03 will it work even if im just gonna play marvel vs capcom2

according to the @twistedsymphony tutorial I linked in OP, 3.03 is needed for netboot. I'm not certain the 2.13 dimm will work and I would take his word.

It is very easy to flash new firmware. Search around and if you get stuck let me know. I can help you get that done.

@ fsckewe , im afraid that i might to brick my netdimm thats why i still clueless or to afraid to update it to latest firmware

I can appreciate that, but it's a rather simple process. It is the same process to netboot a game.

At any rate, try the 3.03 board and see if it works. And if you are feeling brave and want to upgrade them, give it a try. Netdimms are pretty easy to come by, in the slim off chance something does go wrong.

thanks fsckewe , once the orange pizero arrive gonna test the rest

this is a big help

2.13 is too old to net boot and you need the official firmware update Disc (Rev E) to update it (or de-soldering the firmware chip and updating it manually).

3.03 is good enough to net boot a firmware update to a newer version

another question guys

Do i need a zeropic to make this all work

hello guys

my orange pi just arrive today

make me a good direction here

the tools that i have is

2 naomi1 board the chip inside is epr-E 21576 and 21577

2 netdimm 3.03 and 2.13

2 14inch cat6 lan cable crimped to rj45 ( not crossed )

2 16gb sandisk hc1 microsd card

2 8gig usb

question , sorry because i'm having a hard time understanding English guys

i boot the naomi with the netdimm and set the jumpers into netbooting

then in test menu the "network test" selection does not appear.

am i gonna plug the lan cable to the orange pi with the file that has been set to the microsd card and can i go to the service menu ot=r test mode to have the network test mode so i can cahange the ip address and mask iip settings?

( How do I use this thing?
0) Set netdimm network config to remote. NOT static IP. ----- there is no network test whern i go to the naomi settings
1) Download the sd card image from the mega link.
2) Burn the image to your sd card - I like etcher (balena.io/etcher/), but use whatever you want. ) already has the file from this method.

Your NetDIMMs should really be updated to the newest revision 4.02. Yours may be to old to net-boot properly.

In addition you really need to replace your bios in your Naomi 1s with the latest multi region bios. There are plenty people on here who burn them.

Those two things are what stands out as issues to me.

How did I miss this thread when looking into netbooting!

This is pretty cool!

Might grab an orange pi just for the hell of it!

i already have headache in this set up

naomi 2 netdimm 3.03 version

as it said this can work without the zero pic

orange pi zero check
files has been copied by ether to 32gig sd card check
lan cable check
usb with bin file MVC2 check

what will be the network settings or the ip address

always been displaying network checking

help

Back