What's new
I think my Darksoft got into some sort of funky corrupt state. It doesn't seem to be decrypting the games properly anymore. None of the games are loading now and I just get a coloured screen. How do I fix this?

Have you checked the troubleshooting guide? Did you try any game of those who have default keys send will work without key injection?

I tried New Legacy rom hack and that didn't even work. I'll try to find the troubleshooting guide.

I tried New Legacy rom hack and that didn't even work. I'll try to find the troubleshooting guide.
It might be worth mentioning that given some of these games are ROM hacks, there's a chance they can do screwy things on proper hardware.

New Legacy definitely worked previously. I'll go back and re examine my soldering points on the wires for key writing. Maybe something got messed up with them when I was transferring it to my new case.

Check the interconnect and also clean the contacts on and reseat the SD card.

Okay I finally solved it. It just wasn't seated completely right. After switching in and out multiple boards to make sure it's not the A board. I just made completely sure the connection is solid. My other board was having issues too but I finally got it working and realized the contacts were not great on the A board.

You can try cleaning the connectors. It may help. Douse the pins with isopropyl and insert and remove A and B to clear any gunk. Do this a few times and don’t power on until completely dry.

Also using the clips always helps.

Thanks, if it has issues again, I’ll do that. I recently got a custom case for the darksoft so I can’t use clips anymore. They’re just sitting together inside of the case. This was the whole reason how this all started. It was working fine for me before and I had to transfer it to the new case.

Thanks, if it has issues again, I’ll do that. I recently got a custom case for the darksoft so I can’t use clips anymore. They’re just sitting together inside of the case. This was the whole reason how this all started. It was working fine for me before and I had to transfer it to the new case.
I always panick alittle but after moving my multi to a new A Board 😂

I have a new question, is there a training mode hack rom for street fighter alpha 3 I can throw into the darksoft? I think there is a lua training mode for it. Can I put rom files into a fold and load it into my darksoft?

Haven't used my CPS2 multi in a while and just making sure it is fully running up-to-date with the latest rompacks etc.
So just to confirm, after the initial release of the key writing FW there never was another update or anything right?
Similar FW for the 'old' and 'new' multi right?

Back