What's new

DCrosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm a bit behind in this.. I apologize I should have done this sooner.

Well I'm a Video Game Veteran, on the software (art) side. I worked on games Such as NFL Blitz and NBA Showtime, working on a lot of Mocap As I still do now, but not for Midway of course. :D

I've since those days gotten back into Pinball Machines, I own 8 in total now. I enjoy restoring them and having my co-workers enjoy playing them.
I also restored a Street Fighter Dynamo HS-1 and have recently finished a Neo-Geo 4 Slot. And am now working on a New Net City cab. And I have a small collection of CPS1 CPS2, Naomi 1 and Naomi 2 boards.
CPS1 and CPS2 are Darksoft's Products. Although I'm still waiting for the CPS1 board I ordered in Jan :P

Oh and I just won an auction for a Triforce Board, for which I'll probably disassemble one of the Naomi setups, to test... it's a Version 1 board. Most of what I want to run-test is F-Zero and Mario Cart.

I'm glad to be here and contribute, from what I can tell you're mostly a real helpful / friendly bunch, which is nice.

I worked on games Such as NFL Blitz and NBA Showtime, working on a lot of Mocap
Thank you for your work, excellent games! I spent many a quarter back in the day… but now I own the pcbs so you can’t have anymore!!

Welcome!

I've since those days gotten back into Pinball Machines, I own 8 in total now. I enjoy restoring them and having my co-workers enjoy playing them.
Pinball was my first serious arcade collection hobby, before I shifted things more towards candy cabs. Sold most of my pins, for probably half of what they're worth now lol. Still have my Shadow, Tron, and Metallica LE.

What are your pins? If you're in pinball in SoCal I'm sure we have mutual friends, it's a small scene down here and I know a lot of it.

@ekorz I wish, people always presumed Midway made a lot of money off the coin box, but it got squat/zilch off of it. That only became a thing with Golden Tee, and their tournament system.
We had no way of knowing if an operator was making $10/Week or $1000/Week off a machine, so there was no way for us to offer a game at a discount in exchange for a %. (if that makes sense)

Yeah, I hang out at VAS in glendale on occasion, and help Gene with whatever I can that interests me, and that I can help with. Mostly Fast and Furious Machines, and I've resurrected a couple of Revenge From Mars and Star Wars Ep. 1 Pin-balls with newer Dell/HP machines that can run an LPT1 Port. I know a couple of other people, but because my pinball habbit didn't kick into full gear until just before the pandemic, I missed out on the Banning Museum, and other "Events" where people gathered and shared info.

I have :
Ghost Busters Premium
Dialed-In LE
Medieval Madness Remake
Circus Voltaire
Revenge From Mars
Capcom Airborne
And Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
(#8 is a virtual pinball machine I built/assembled)

Yeah, I hang out at VAS in glendale on occasion, and help Gene with whatever I can that interests me
See, there we go, of course I know Gene. :)

I know a couple of other people, but because my pinball habbit didn't kick into full gear until just before the pandemic, I missed out on the Banning Museum, and other "Events" where people gathered and shared info.
Banning was a special place. John's collection being on display like that, even if only a few times a year, was pretty incredible. Shame it went down like it did.

(#8 is a virtual pinball machine I built/assembled)
That's how I first got the bug myself. It's long since gone, once I started buying the real thing it lost appeal for me, but was a very fun project.

Good variety in your games!

Welcome !

I also have kept 8 pins after having gone a little crazy in 2000-2015 and probably saw 150-200 of them go through my doors...

- Funhouse
- Twilight
- Creature
- Bride of Pinbot
- STTNG
- DrWho
- Tron
- BSDracula

The current insane prices is what brought me back to my first addic... I mean love: videogames and this really cool place.

The current insane prices is what brought me back to my first addic... I mean love: videogames and this really cool place.
Except now you can choose between a NIB Stern Pro or a 25 year old Egret 2 lol

Except now you can choose between a NIB Stern Pro or a 25 year old Egret 2 lol
... or a car.

Got my egret 2 already and the closest to a NIB Stern I've got is the Tron: I'm the second HUO owner...

Back