What's new

cyclemat

Student
Reaction score
my Idea i have found many projects that use the JVS my idea was create a PCS like PI2JAMMA but for JVS cabs

the idea a Raspberry PI as mame emulator in a JVS CAB or USE USB Guns like AIM Track with naomi or other JVS systems.

The PI receive the Aimtek USB and send the analog signals Direct via JVS to the jvs device

the PI hast on the GPIO a RS232 Conection to a MAX 458 Controller that is connected to the JVS gamesysten ( naomi ) and interprete the analog signals to the jvs system

when we make this signal converter you can use a Aimtek or a Wiimote or a PSmove controller as a light gun !

the naomi lightgun board only send analog signals to the JVS board !

second good is use the VGA on this board you can use mame direct in the cab

third is you can make a multiNETboot board controlled by the joystick only a RS232 connection to the netdimm one to the JVS and a VGA switch and you can resett the system per key only service menu on and of is the resett !

look here

open JVS

https://github.com/k4roshi/JVSy?files=1

Last edited:
There was one a while ago for windows but it only did digital signals and not analogue. I think it was called JVS-Pac or something similar.

the problem is the timing is a raspberry ist beter for loader atmel stand alone is beter for timings

the problem is the timing is a raspberry ist beter for loader atmel stand alone is beter for timings
I've found that using the pigpio library on the Pi works exceptionally well and fixed nearly all of the timing issues I've had when communicating over the GPIO pins. While I'm sure it wont solve every problem it's a very useful library.

http://abyz.co.uk/rpi/pigpio/

-------------

but on the original topic the JVS-PAC (as @Fantazia2 suggested) is just a keyboard emulator so there's no reason it wouldn't work as a JVS interface for a Pi based emulator setup, the Mini USB JVS IO board project (as @Darksoft suggested) would serve that purpose as well.

The only other things you'd need is an HDMI to VGA converter and 3.5mm to RCA audio cable and that should drop right into a JVS cab. If you wanted to get fancy you could wire a micro USB to a JVS power connector to power your Pi from the cab as well.

Last edited:
Back