What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
UPDATED BY DARKSOFT ON 7th June 2023
New Firmware for the new OLED version of the Taito F3Multi (with OLED and LCD)
This update adds a nice animation and progress information while a new game is uploading. This update also fixes the problem with not original or slow microSD and also the problem with MicroSD written in a Mac. You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s57hgq5i8voes4w/Flash_Taito_F3_OLED_Version.7z/file

IMPORTANT! This firmware is only to be used with the new version that has both LCD and OLED.

ORIGINAL POST
-------------------------
Hello everyone! I'm happy to announce the new version of Taito F3 Multi. The kit was already covering everything I could think of, so I decided as we did with the ST-V Multi, to add support for OLED!!!

We also have now a proper pin for attach a reset cable.

You can find the instructions here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w15hxgdi69rt1gz/Darksoft+-+F3+Multi+V2+Installation+Guide+v1.pdf/file

Kits are available from the usual places: highscoresave.com/darksoft, saveyourgames.it and candycabclub.com

Enjoy!!!!

Last edited:
Hi,
This is great!
Any chance to connect somehow the oled screen to the old multi?

Hi,
This is great!
Any chance to connect somehow the oled screen to the old multi?
Too complex. There is not even a connector for it and some pins in the ARM have changed functions now, so it would be be a butchery in the old multi.

Do you mind if we see a pic of the OLED selector?
OLED_1.JPG

OLED_2.JPG

great I just bought the old multi and can't upgrade to new oled fanfuckingtastic

im looking for an f3 multi, dont care about the old if you're letting it go for a decent price? what's the difference?

I checked HSS, OLED is an additional $40. Does the new multi pcb support both LCD & OLED selectors?

I checked HSS, OLED is an additional $40. Does the new multi pcb support both LCD & OLED selectors?

V2 of the multi supports both selectors, either standalone or in unison.

The kit comes with the LCD as standard. The OLED + Cable are an optional purchase on top.

First post updated with new Firmware for the new OLED version of the Taito F3Multi (with OLED and LCD)
This update adds a nice animation and progress information while a new game is uploading. This update also fixes the problem with not original or slow microSD and also the problem with MicroSD written in a Mac.

IMPORTANT! This firmware is only to be used with the new version that has both LCD and OLED.

@opt2not is working on the OLED images for this multi and will update us as soon as he can.

Last edited:
Ah, life getting in the way of hobbies.
I'm just finishing up the OLED images and will be uploading the latest binary files for you to copy onto your multi's sd card.

Here's a sneak peek at some of the images in glorious 1-bit!

BubbleSymphony.gif

DariusGaiden.gif

PrimeTimeFighter.gif

PuchiCarat.gif

space invaders 95.gif

twin cobra 2.gif

ArkanoidReturns.gif

ElevatorActionReturns.gif

Some of these logos can be tricky, since we're truncating these big images into a small 128x64 image. Some creative decisions need to be made for some, for example Twin Cobra II which is a very vertical looking logo, or Puchi Carat where the background ring and gem fill up a lot of the space.

I remember Darksoft asking me if there was a way of automating this. Unfortunately not. A direct conversion of the original images down to 1-bit and resized doesn't cut it. This is where it takes a bit of an artist's touch to make some creative calls. Also the way they're built is by breaking down the original image into parts, for placement, then removing some details, keeping what's essential, and building it back up in 1-bit.

Anyway, just a little background on how this gets built.

Last edited:
Thanks for your work on the images opt2not!

Would anyone have a link to a 3d printed case for the pcb on thingverse?

Back