Enthusiast
Reaction score
R- Type Leo NLFS
Conversion good for the multi.

IMG_6277.JPG
IMG_6279.jpg
IMG_6336.jpg

Last edited:
The reason I ask is there's no sticker on the left top of your PCB photo. My RTLeo board has an RType LEO hologram sticker there. A photo of the ROM board would probably help, but I suspect I know the answer.

The reason I ask is there's no sticker on the left top of your PCB photo. My RTLeo board has an RType LEO hologram sticker there. A photo of the ROM board would probably help, but I suspect I know the answer.
Yeah seems to be a conversion.

Was just informed a multi is coming out for it too so it makes it desirable.
See what happens im not fussed if it sells or not either way!

That's why I said "A photo of the ROM board would probably help,"
Yup, and still no photo. I guess it is a conversion. No worries, with the caps done it's still worth a bit of money since the multi is coming out.

OP, GLWS, but you should probably just post a pic of the ROM board too.

Yup, and still no photo. I guess it is a conversion. No worries, with the caps done it's still worth a bit of money since the multi is coming out.

OP, GLWS, but you should probably just post a pic of the ROM board too.
It is a conversion, anyways still for sale.

I’m only going off what I’ve been informed. If it should be cheaper I’m happy to price it accordingly!

I’m only going off what I’ve been informed. If it should be cheaper I’m happy to price it accordingly!
What, who? Where were you told an M92 conversion is $850?

I’m not price policing you here, but come on, no one told you that in the Patrice check thread.

Try $300.

Also, here’s a thought, provide a picture of the ROM board!

What, who? Where were you told an M92 conversion is $850?

I’m not price policing you here, but come on, no one told you that in the Patrice check thread.

Try $300.

Also, here’s a thought, provide a picture of the ROM board!
He got the $850 from me in the price check thread. $850 was for an original, not a conversion. I agreed price should be like $300-400.

I think it's wild that there's a $500 price difference because the identical end product (the game) is missing a sticker and has some different chips installed. It's not like photocopied instructions or a CD pressed without permission 20 years after the fact. The hardware's the same. Just musing here, I don't need it explained. It's just interesting.

I think it's wild that there's a $500 price difference because the identical end product (the game) is missing a sticker and has some different chips installed. It's not like photocopied instructions or a CD pressed without permission 20 years after the fact. The hardware's the same. Just musing here, I don't need it explained. It's just interesting.
Welcome to the world of PCB collecting.

Anyone told you about original cardboard yet?

It is pretty much like a photocopy in the eyes of collectors.
Mask ROMs for instance can't be replaced 1:1 and need to be substitued with EPROMs.

it's because we all know that he spent probably ~$150 (if more than 6 years ago) or ~$400 (if less than 4 years ago) on an Irem Skins Game and burned some EPROMs and then proceeded to make everyone think he spent ~$900 on a board that started life as an R-Type Leo.

this conversion only became possible after patches were released for the sound cpu roms, which are all encrypted differently. sound cpu would have a different part # and be jumpered differently.

oh and on top of that the irem skins game rom board is slightly different looking.

a bottom pcb photo would make this all blindingly obvious so uhh buhh my camera uhh whuhh c'mon sorry guys idk make an offer i suddenly don't know how this all works that's the first time in my life i've ever seen that gun officer

what's funny is that Gunforce 1 cannot be converted at all due to it's ROM board being different and yet it's price has doubled as everyone doesn't realize that or is hoping some sucker doesn't realize that. or they're trying to hype up a multi that has yet to actually appear for sale

Back