What's new
No guide required, if you have a 10mhz A board - you remove the 10mhz crystal that runs the 68000 clock from the board and install a 12mhz version

I will post a guide with photos probably closer to release of the multi if it helps

@AlxUnderBase - Your list is incomplete too :)

Captain Commando, Knights of the Round and 3 Wonders all run on/came with 12mhz. Dash boards

No guide required, if you have a 10mhz A board - you remove the 10mhz crystal that runs the 68000 clock from the board and install a 12mhz version

I will post a guide with photos probably closer to release of the multi if it helps

Captain Commando, Knights of the Round and 3 Wonders all run on/came with 12mhz. Dash boards
^Yup, super easy mod. Just replace the crystal and you’re good.
http://the-artcade.blogspot.com/2018/06/cps1-dash-kick-harness-upgrade.html

Last edited:

^Yup, super easy mod. Just replace the crystal and you’re good.http://the-artcade.blogspot.com/2018/06/cps1-dash-kick-harness-upgrade.html?m=1
Love how he mounted the CPS2 kick connector, just that he states is was a SF2WW is incorrect, it is a correct SF2CE board with the official SF2HF upgrade roms, just on a 10MHz A board

Friendly word of caution for those getting boardsets from China for use with the multi. You may end up with a badly converted CPS 1.5 motherboard with dodgily installed sound circuit...

I won this auction and was told is was a NOS CPS-1 Dash Board. I had asked for it to be converted to Strider which cost $30 more.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/312118481243

I was sent a bodgy converted CPS 1.5 board which kinda worked. Very dissatisfied, as I stressed numerous times I wanted the boards I won... the seller agreed to send me the Varth I originally bought, however this is what I got in the photos below. Same deal as before (but was badly covered in flux that I've since cleaned up).

All's fine as I will be refunded in full, however it's been a long winded process and I still don't have what I needed. I do have two semi working boards for free which have horribly distorted sound and errors in the games though :/ -- I will give Yaton props for ALWAYS sorting out problems and being forthcoming and apologetic when things aren't right. He told me that he's moved to Canada now and ironing out his "drop shipping" situation in China... so hopefully things work out better. @xodaraP mentioned something about being able to convert these 1.5 boards properly for me.

varth1.JPG

varth2.JPG

varth3.JPG

varth4.JPG

Last edited:
@Darksoft will you make a 12mhz crystal available for purchase as a option/addon to the multi kit order (similar to how you offered the G-PAL for CPS2)?

I own 3 CPS1 A-boards total, but only one is a 12mhz Dash...
The other two are 10mhz shorts (I've purged all the 10mhz long from my collection as they don't fit in the Vewlix well).

Anyone selling an A and C board I can buy in prep for the multi?

@Darksoft will you make a 12mhz crystal available for purchase as a option/addon to the multi kit order (similar to how you offered the G-PAL for CPS2)?

I own 3 CPS1 A-boards total, but only one is a 12mhz Dash...
The other two are 10mhz shorts (I've purged all the 10mhz long from my collection as they don't fit in the Vewlix well).
Something like thatm either a crystal or we generate our own 12Mhz signal.

Love how he mounted the CPS2 kick connector, just that he states is was a SF2WW is incorrect, it is a correct SF2CE board with the official SF2HF upgrade roms, just on a 10MHz A board
Thanks, I’m happy with how it came out (this is my blog ;) ). I’ll update the info on my write-up, re: SF2CE.

@opt2not again kudo’s for how you installed the CPS2 adapter, that’s the one from JNX right?

Do the holes line up exactly with the CPS1 board?

@djsheep I got a Yaton China board too, hopefully I don't have similar issues. Posted the board pic earlier (super low res to get it to post to the forum).

@opt2not again kudo’s for how you installed the CPS2 adapter, that’s the one from JNX right?

Do the holes line up exactly with the CPS1 board?
Yeah, it's the JNX one.

The holes are really really close, perhaps about 1mm off, but it doesn't matter with the standoffs. They have a few mm tolerance to shift about from the holes.

If i put a 12Mhz crystal on my World Warrior board, will it make a noticeable difference playing WW? Just curious and thanks!!

If i put a 12Mhz crystal on my World Warrior board, will it make a noticeable difference playing WW? Just curious and thanks!!
Nah, most likely not. It should run the same.

Far as I know originally Ghouls and Ghosts was 10mhz, but because of board swapping/missmatching who knows what you'd actually get from eBay today. ?(

Back