What's new

FlyingPowerDisc

Student
Reaction score
Howdy,

I just assembled my OMVS after sitting on my kit, PCB, and case for a long time until I figured out how to solder.

It works and looks great. My only issue is that the final four screws for the cartridge brace don’t seem to want to stay threaded, so there’s not a great connection for these two related printed pieces relative to the PCB and case.

I’m curious if anyone else has run into this?

Thanks! Yep, that’s me.

I was able to self-solve today when I had a bit more time and took apart the case to inspect.

Here’s the solution in case anyone else has a similar issue in the future:

As a caveat, I originally assembled while watching Avram’s video and using a manual screwdriver (since no electric on hand).

The issue was that the last four screws for the cart brace didn’t have good pilot holes in the base to start with in the print I received, so trying to make them through a few layers (the brace prints, cart slot holes, then base print) as a last step was nigh impossible.

I recommend checking these first before getting started with assembly (since it’s the last step and they’ll be covered by your MV1C PCB).

To fix, I screwed them directly into the case first, then removed them and did another pass through the holes in the cart slot with the MV1C PCB placed over the pilot holes. I then removed them again and reassembled everything. They’re now well-threaded and the cart brace is secure.

There are mentions of this in the video, but reiterating the need to be careful not to pierce the wiring from the kit with your screws, especially if you’re threading it under your MV1C board.

Attaching photos with the pilot holes as they should be and the finished product.

Attachments

• E8DCD360-901F-4DA9-A4B1-47D4C60234C2.jpeg
    E8DCD360-901F-4DA9-A4B1-47D4C60234C2.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 49
  • ED530F27-CCB8-4EB2-94B5-70F8463DD5AB.jpeg
    ED530F27-CCB8-4EB2-94B5-70F8463DD5AB.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 46
Back