What's new

CoinFeeder

Professional
Reaction score
Hey folks,

not sure who of you might have seen the latest video from GameHut (Jon Burton), so maybe check that out first for context before continue reading :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhz4wKcuM4A

I personally believe that his original idea (giving people the ability legally acquire roms) will fit and serve the existing retro-gaming ecosystem much better. Given that people already have their original systems with EverDrives, are generally lag sensitive and prefer owning over renting, I wonder if somebody forgot to do it's due diligence.

Anyway, as I currently hit a bit of a road blocker with my other project (https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...Uag/viewform']tell me who'd like to see first.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

EDIT: I moved voting to a Google form where you can add your own answer/choice: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9y3k2xRfvpzYJN5OBpWzw-omU7B7FijP7jIc39s7cIZPUag/viewform

Last edited:
would do this instantly :thumbup: , but i fear it will be a total pita - especially since many of the big corporations now realize they can actually make money with their old stuff...

and i do realize that cave is almost guaranteed to be the toughest in your list, but you put it on there - so here it goes :P

Last edited:
I wish that there was a way to purchase roms (arcade and consoles) that could be used freely on whichever devices or platforms once the roms or licenses have been purchased but not an iTunes model since that is very restrictive..this would be of great value to people that hold sensitive positions within big organizations and government.

I wish that there was a way to purchase roms (arcade and consoles) that could be used freely on whichever devices or platforms once the roms or licenses have been purchased but not an iTunes model since that is very restrictive..this would be of great value to people that hold sensitive positions within big organizations and government.
Cheers mate, scratch the iTunes model/limitations, I was more generally referring to it as a "online store for digital goods" :) Changed the post title!

Hmm, the article says it could not compete with the downloading of illegal ROMs. I wonder how much better this would fare now with companies cracking down on ROM sites pretty hard now (IE Nintendo).

Licensing is and always be an issue. If you approached a large company and asked to rent or buy rights to an old game they will want to know every detail. Then most likely they would deny you and use the idea for themselves. Seeing it as a constant revenue stream for an IP they already own.

You could go after games that are considered freeware or public domain and just charge people for the service.

I feel this is going to be too complicated and expensive to run regardless of which path it takes. However it's a good idea to keep the access to history out there :)

Back