What's new
Want To Buy

bgwelistyl

Student
Reaction score
Hi, I decided that I'd like to have a candy with a rotatable monitor as my next cab. Of course I'd like an Egret II, but I still need my organs to function so I can't donate one yet.

I'd just like to know what my options are/what to look out for. This is what I have compiled for my list so far

Taito Egret II
Taito E29
Capcom Q25 Grand AM
MSP Joymax
Tecmo Kyotaro Deluxe
SNK Neo Candy 26
Namco Exceleena II
Taito Canary
Domy theatre
Jaleco mark (MK) II pony

If there's any other cabs you guys can add to this list, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I decided that I'd like to have a candy with a rotatable monitor as my next cab. Of course I'd like an Egret II, but I still need my organs to function so I can't donate one yet.

I'd just like to know what my options are/what to look out for. This is what I have compiled for my list so far

Taito Egret II
Capcom Q25 Grand AM
MSP Joymax
Tecmo Kyotaro Deluxe
SNK Neo Candy 26
Namco Exceleena II

If there's any other cabs you guys can add to this list, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
this is another option you can add to your list :

Jaleco Pony MK II 28 candy cabinet ( ジャレコ ポニーマーク II 28 )

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/WkM47JLTrOc?feature=shared

How deep is your wallet? Pretty much any cab with a rotation mech is fairly uncommon in the US and will command a very high price. High enough that you might be better off buying two Astros to dedicate to each game type if you have the space. Monitor rotation with an Astro isn't that hard either since there's plenty of room to grab the monitor (unlike the nightmare that is the Blast City).

If I were to guess, your best bet would be to look for a Q25, as people in Mexico might still have some for sale, but it would probably be 3-3.5k for a cab in not great condition before shipping/transportation costs. Maybe an Execeleena II is also possible if you're able to find a willing importer out of Japan, but not all of these cabs have the rotation mech IIRC. Also, they rotate in the opposite direction of what's typical.

Which cab(s) do you currently own?

Truth be told i havent use the rotating mechanism in the 4-5 years i’ve own my E 2 cause i have other cabs in yoko.

If there's any other cabs you guys can add to this list,
Taito Egret 29 also has a rotate Mech, very expensive and hard to find cab though.

Rotation mechs are super overrated.
^This
most of these cabs with rotate mechs are so expensive it's more cost effective to just buy 2 cabs without a rotate mech and leave one in each position.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I totally get the overrated aspect of the mechanism from the everybody’s point of view.

The Mexico search for a cab is not the first time I heard that. So I guess that might be my best bet. 👍

Have you seen a Kyotaro Deluxe? That thing is amazing. You pull a lever and the monitor with the surround pop out out of the cab, you rotate it and push it back in. It's the only cab I know of that you don't have to rotate the bezel separately.

Also, if we're making lists, the Domy Theatre has a rotate mech too.

that you don't have to rotate the bezel separately.

Fact. The 12 or so screws required to do it on the egreet 2 is probably what’s preventing me from rotating it.

Last edited:
Fact. The 12 or so screws required to so it on the egreet 2 is probably what’s preventing me from rotating it.
interesting the E29 has 2 wingnuts for the monitor, and 2 thumbscrews for the bezel.

biggest issue with E29 is that the chassis is mounted to the cab body, not the tube, so you can easy neck the tube if you rotate in a way that pulls the wires to the neck board taut.

Capcom cute cabinets can rotate monitor faster than any of those. Less than a minute with no effort.

Also egret 2 monitor rotate is easy to do but rotating the bezel is neck breaking.

Capcom cute cabinets can rotate monitor faster than any of those. Less than a minute with no effort.

Also egret 2 monitor rotate is easy to do but rotating the bezel is neck breaking.

FWIW, I left the screws out of my E2 bezel and installed heavy-duty velcro. The bezel stays in tight and now it just takes seconds to rotate.

With moth my e2s if u fit it in just right it holds by pressure. No screws required

With moth my e2s if u fit it in just right it holds by pressure. No screws required
Genius.. after a few rotates, one where i necked my ms9 as the cable got caught on the neck.. was decades ago.. noob event.. i got rid of both of them. I do miss them though.. very functional cabs.

Back